Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 10:20 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
minorities are taught racism, whites are taught to judge on merit.
I find it unfathomable that anyone would state such an odious concept.

Was (and is) the KKK judging on merit?
Were Blacks lynched based on merit?
Was George Wallace judging Blacks on merit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 10:25 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
Of course you did. And that's what you would tell your children? "Hey, ignore race, son; just consult the latest crime stats, and avoid those areas"...

Give us a break. There's an obvious and demonstrable correlation between violent crime and the color of a neighborhood. We all know this. There's not a single white neighborhood in this country that even approaches the level of danger found in D.C., East St. Louis, Detroit, etc. You wouldn't even stop at a red light after dark in SE D.C. I lived there too; I know what it's like.
Despite your contribution, PG county schools remain among the worst in Maryland, and the nation. Why is that? Still don't see the correlation?
Yes. Actually I would. I often visited friends who lived on East Capitol Street right around Lincoln Park in (at that time) an almost all-Black neighborhood. I didn't hesitate to go to most areas in SE D.C., also almost entirely Black neighborhoods.

So you ignored stop lights in Black neighborhoods?

Why are P.G. County Schools so bad? Well that began with TRIM, and they never recovered. Which is why I left. But of course, YOUR correlation is simply because they're Black children.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:45 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Prejudice AKA Bigotry based on race is racism.

There is no two ways around it. The SJW crowd are mostly dumb.
Amen. SJWs have very skewed and biased viewpoints. They are very narrow minded.

Old 06-30-2016, 02:40 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,741,834 times
Like most hatred its either taught by parents, schools or churches... also the groups of friends some meet at school can be an influence, it takes character and guts to turn away , but it can be done..

Old 06-30-2016, 05:58 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
On my way to lunch in China town I looked up to see some Asian men installing a roof. One worker was on the ground. As I passed him on the sidewalk I nodded hello. He looked at me with utter loathing and severe contempt. He also scowled at my female companion. I am an older guy and read people well. This guy hated me simply because I was white.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:18 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
On my way to lunch in China town I looked up to see some Asian men installing a roof. One worker was on the ground. As I passed him on the sidewalk I nodded hello. He looked at me with utter loathing and severe contempt. He also scowled at my female companion. I am an older guy and read people well. This guy hated me simply because I was white.
Maybe he hated you because you are old....??

People who state they "read people well" are either magical or racist. Take your pick.
You have no idea what is in the minds of others. Maybe he was pissed because he is working hard and you are on your way to a leisurely lunch.

The idea that you know what he was thinking is ludicrous.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:42 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

they was judge on stupity. I remember the stupid white ol man class, and glad that it disappearing.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:43 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,956 times
Quote:
i see that every day.

Old 06-30-2016, 11:52 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Quote:
Well, there you go, that alone is proof of----- uhh,what? One guy on the sidewalk with an attitude? This is the trouble with all that anecdotal stuff that filters through the debate forum as an acceptable contribution to the debate, but it is, for the most part, conjecture, stemming from an impression of someone or some act now defined as proof of something. And, even if he did in fact hate you because you are white it still is simply one guy being utilized as a synopsis of an entirely unsupported theorem.

Old 06-30-2016, 12:07 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,674,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

This kind of unconscionable claim of whites somehow being a sanctimonious bunch has become very popular in those social circles of the the truly biased. I can't think of any race of people who can honestly say they have never ever heard others of their race participate in conversation that smacks of racial disparagement.

These kinds of debates usually opens the door to more anecdotal "evidence" of something way more than any offering of real meat for discussion, and moreover serve as a soapbox for the ton of hypocrisy that usually becomes evident at some point.

The fact that one's parents do play a role in a child's self modeling is undeniable, however, my own experience as a young man was one wherein the peer group certainly played a very influential role in our social development of ideas, and, what was, and wasn't, acceptable thinking or behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates