Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 04:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,546,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
I do not have children. However if I did I would not want my daughter to face combat in our military service. It is the duty of the Male of the species to protect the female and his children. The duty of the Female is to nurture the children and provide a safe home environment.

Do I have a problem with a woman that wants to serve in the armed forces and face combat voluntarily? No. As long as a Woman in combat can meet the same minimum qualifications as the Men.

And I agree.

But...

Men often do not want to go to battle and possibly die. But they can be so conscripted.

And as we change by the progressives, there has been a long hard battle to allow women to fight and die in combat. It was finally granted. As such, they have placed themselves into the same disposition as men and that means they may be called upon, against their will, to fight and possibly die for their country.

If women (some mothers, wives and otherwise) don't want to be conscripted to fight and die or suffer inhumanities of being a P.O.W., they need to let Congress and the President know via petitioning and voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 07:10 PM

528 posts, read 823,829 times
Yes they should.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:07 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
In times long ago, the women among my Celtic ancestors learned the skills for weaponry and fighting and joined the men in defending their communities from invaders. Despite two millennia of attempted genocide against them, they're doing well. This shows the advantage of bringing women into the military-----you become twice as strong. To this day, Scots and Irish women are the meanest and ass-kickingest on Earth. Don't ever mess with them.

So, you can assume I'd be in favor of all-gender drafted service, if I supported any draft at all, which I don't.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:30 PM

509 posts, read 554,901 times
Of about 100 female friends, acquaintances and colleagues I've had over the years; I can think of maybe 3 I'd trust to do a decent job in combat.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:50 PM

6,895 posts, read 5,864,317 times
If the US is to have a draft women should be included in it. But I don't think there should be a draft.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:24 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
If the women want equal treatment isn't that what it means?

Old 08-03-2016, 06:04 AM

997 posts, read 937,599 times
I am a woman and I don't know a lot about the military but plenty of women join up voluntarily. Not everybody has front line duty. There are other jobs.

Logically women should also have to register. It isn't like we are precious pansies who can't pitch in somewhere if it were to come down to that.

It isn't about wanting equal treatment and being a 'women's libber' but we are equal. Both genders have their shortcomings.

You can have a wimpy little scrawny milquetoast guy and a strong, agile intelligent woman in the same room. Who would you pick to defend your country? or to do any job?

Old 08-03-2016, 07:14 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
House Votes to Prevent Women From Registering for Military Draft

A lot of people are against it but a lot of people also say they should
Damn right they should. Equal rights means you get all that goes with it. I've run into a few feminazis who cry about the supposed pay gap and other things but then turn around and say they shouldn't have to register for the draft. That infuriates me, as does hearing radio commercials with women saying men need to "do the right thing" and register.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:15 AM

10,349 posts, read 13,947,673 times
Quote:
I do not have children. However if I did I would not want my daughter to face combat in our military service. It is the duty of the Male of the species to protect the female and his children. The duty of the Female is to nurture the children and provide a safe home environment.

Do I have a problem with a woman that wants to serve in the armed forces and face combat voluntarily? No. As long as a Woman in combat can meet the same minimum qualifications as the Men.
The 1950s called, they want you back.

Old 08-03-2016, 07:24 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
yes but the front line of a battlefield is not always where the battles are fought.
Who said anything about front line battlefield. Not everyone is qualified for that and there are many areas of need in wartime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linerin View Post
Of about 100 female friends, acquaintances and colleagues I've had over the years; I can think of maybe 3 I'd trust to do a decent job in combat.
Of 100 of your male friends, acquaintances and colleagues how many would you trust to do a decent job in combat? Granted I feel men are more equipped overall for combat but not everyone has to be or is a first class combat soldier. I'm sure many young men who were drafted and fought were not really cut out for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates