Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 10:40 PM

90 posts, read 102,443 times

Advertisements

Take this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjJX-Ur8XWg

Obviously, it basically tries to make the man look like a douche, but the concept that if a man and woman are both drinking yet the man is the one that should be the one in trouble for "rape" seems ridiculous.

She said he was drunk too. Doesn't that mean she raped him? or does the double standard only work one way?

Lots of guys have ended up regretting having sex with a woman after the fact as well, why should a woman that gets drunk and ends up be considered worse than vice versa?

Regret is not rape. The consequence of equality & freedom is responsibility. A couple of people get drunk and have sex, then the next morning, they regret it. That is not rape. If it is, then both need to be tried together and receive the same prison time. Regret is a natural consequence of a poor decision.

So if I was driving my car drunk, then I should be let off the hook because I was incapable of realizing the full consequences of my actions? I don't think so. if two drunk drivers hit each other, they should both be at fault. Certainly one wouldn't automatically be assumed to be the victim because of their gender... Unfortunately that is exactly what happens in the vast majority of "rape" cases, regardless of who was drunk.

Old 10-17-2016, 04:42 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,722,171 times
The difference is she said "no". Did you watch your own video? It was mentioned several times.

And the fact you think that is what happens in the majority of rape cases your delusional.

She didn't even talk about going to anyone or even said the word "rape", in fact her own friend said she "didn't know what happened" because she wasn't there.

The problem with your manipulation of the drunk driving analogy is that in this instance the woman did not initiate sex, in fact said no multiple times, and so on. The drunk driver is the one who initiated sex, the guy in this video. If he had said no, and she continued, than she would be at fault. Is that what you think happens in the majority of cases?

Old 10-17-2016, 07:45 AM

810 posts, read 667,098 times
Men should protect themselves in the future and secretly record the event. (audio recording)

Old 10-17-2016, 08:21 AM

24,465 posts, read 17,207,356 times
I think it is ridiculous that people put themselves into situations where they lose control of their senses such as when they drink or drug themselves stupid. We hear of so many violations happening at Frat parties and the common theme is drinking until you pass out then you wake up the next day with huge regret.

Of course falling victim to a date rape drug should be treated as rape and the man who did it be labelled a predator.

It takes 2 to tango as they say and being drunk or high is asking for trouble.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:29 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,015,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
It takes 2 to tango as they say and being drunk or high is asking for trouble.
Rape and the tango are very, very different things. And "She was asking for it" is about the oldest and absolutely sleaziest bit of rot ever heard, You should be nothing but ashamed of that post.

Old 10-17-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Rape and the tango are very, very different things. And "She was asking for it" is about the oldest and absolutely sleaziest bit of rot ever heard, You should be nothing but ashamed of that post.

What? Talk about reading between the lines...

It does take 2 to tango and what I was saying is that you add alcohol or drugs into a party of young people and guess what things might happen and some of those things will be regretful.

I never said that "she was asking for it" . That is despicable.

2 people get drunk or high and do something they regret that is dumb but it happens all the time.

If a man or woman slips a date rape drug into a drink in order to take advantage of someone is rape and the person responsible should be labelled a predator.

Thinking about a college Frat party I think it is stupid for any woman to get drunk and out of control and expect her "girls" to look after her. Yes have a good time but don't lose control of your body or drink until you pass out.
That type of women is asking for trouble and sometimes she gets it and it is rape.

The OP asked why a man is the one to be accused of rape the next morning when both parties have drunken consensual sex the night before.

The best thing to do is keep it in your pants.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:21 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Probably because you have to actually report rape, go through humiliating examinations and questions, hire an attorney and go through a humiliating trial.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
What? Talk about reading between the lines...

It does take 2 to tango and what I was saying is that you add alcohol or drugs into a party of young people and guess what things might happen and some of those things will be regretful.

I never said that "she was asking for it" . That is despicable.

2 people get drunk or high and do something they regret that is dumb but it happens all the time.

If a man or woman slips a date rape drug into a drink in order to take advantage of someone is rape and the person responsible should be labelled a predator.

Thinking about a college Frat party I think it is stupid for any woman to get drunk and out of control and expect her "girls" to look after her. Yes have a good time but don't lose control of your body or drink until you pass out.
That type of women is asking for trouble and sometimes she gets it and it is rape.

The OP asked why a man is the one to be accused of rape the next morning when both parties have drunken consensual sex the night before.

The best thing to do is keep it in your pants.
No the OP posted a video in which two college students were fooling around. Watching the video the drunk mess is irrelevant. She said "no" and told him to stop. How is that negated by alcohol?

Old 10-17-2016, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
No the OP posted a video in which two college students were fooling around. Watching the video the drunk mess is irrelevant. She said "no" and told him to stop. How is that negated by alcohol?

No or stop of course means to stop.

What I'm saying is that if people didn't drink or drug themselves silly they would seldom find themselves in situation like in that video.

Alcohol doesn't negate anything but it does have the effect of lowering peoples guard and standards and that is when most problems happen. Think of closing time at a bar when people have their beer glasses on.

Take out the alcohol that dulls the senses and put 2 college kids on a couch and they start making out, the girl says no, the guy keeps going that is assault.

From the OP's post " Regret is not rape. The consequence of equality & freedom is responsibility. A couple of people get drunk and have sex, then the next morning, they regret it. That is not rape. Regret is a natural consequence of a poor decision."

Alcohol contributes to poor decisions

Old 10-17-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
No or stop of course means to stop.

What I'm saying is that if people didn't drink or drug themselves silly they would seldom find themselves in situation like in that video.

Alcohol doesn't negate anything but it does have the effect of lowering peoples guard and standards and that is when most problems happen. Think of closing time at a bar when people have their beer glasses on.

Take out the alcohol that dulls the senses and put 2 college kids on a couch and they start making out, the girl says no, the guy keeps going that is assault.

From the OP's post " Regret is not rape. The consequence of equality & freedom is responsibility. A couple of people get drunk and have sex, then the next morning, they regret it. That is not rape. Regret is a natural consequence of a poor decision."

Alcohol contributes to poor decisions
You are talking in circles or you didn't bother to watch the video because the bolded is literally what happened. She said no, he kept going. Why does the fact that they were drinking change that she said No?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates