Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2016, 07:05 PM

783 posts, read 578,045 times

Advertisements

Yes, Obama should grant Clinton a pardon. And then Trump should strip her of any and all security clearances. And then we should all forget about her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2016, 07:53 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,237,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I knew you couldn't do it. I asked you to describe how the facts that have been established so far make out a case of a violation of a federal criminal statute by Hillary Clinton. I've asked twice now. Twice, you've dodged, weaved, and done everything, but actually answer the question. You've never cited a statute and you've never reviewed the elements necessary for a conviction.

Tragically, Trump won this election according to the rules in place and there is nothing that anyone can do about it.

You are now about to find out that all "cheerleading" he did when he tried to whip right wing groups into hysteria screaming "Lock her up" were not about anything other than winning an election. If you thought Hillary would be prosecuted than you were duped.

Now, calm down. Its best not to get yourself worked into hysteria over a post on CDF.
Hey, Perry Mason, I'm not a lawyer. And as it turns out its moot. If you want the definition, legally, the statues that surround obstruction of justice or perhaps, perjury google them. I don't think I need to recite chapter and verse the legal statutes that surround these charges. I think at a layman's level, they are fairly clear enough for most. The best part is that in the court of public opinion, they have rendered their decision without so much as an indictment. Not even a parking ticket. Verdict? She's out. If only the legal system were this efficient....

You are right in one aspect, there is nothing the left can do about it. It's over. As it relates to the cheerleading, do you really think many thought she would be indicted, let alone convicted? Hardly. But, as mentioned before, it simply doesn't matter. She's finished and the Democrats will need to get another leader next time. It did serve its purpose though and I'm fine if they don't peruse her. Who cares? She lost. Finished.

All anyone, myself included, really wanted was for her to lose. And as we all know, had the underlying questions about her credibility/integrity, or lack thereof, had not been a daily freak show worthy of Jerry Springer, she probably would have won?

But, she didn't. Did she? And you on the left have to live with that. A womanizing businessman smoked her. What does that say about her? not even SNL, the media, cheating in the debates, screwing Bernie and his followers could change that. Hallelujah....hallelujah.....

I think it fair to say the only ones who have been worked up over this a-kicking have been the left. So much so that some even wish to debate the merits and exact potential charges she may/may not face in the future. Long after the game is over no less. Kind of like debating the strategies after the war is fought. Moot.

Rioting.....burning....protesting....talk show pundits crying.....please. It's merciful the left didn't win. I appreciate your bowing out with the weak reiteration of what was said earlier. Let me pay you the same condescending tone. You know, the one you say in a veiled attempt to walk away from a battle holding your head up high even when you lost? Dignity.....or vanity? You decide.

No matter, you will eventually adjust. Regardless of what Trump does, or does not do/accomplish, it's a far better place we are in now without Barrack or 4 more years of him under the secretary of state formerly known as Hillary Clinton. Straight forward enough for you?

We won. You'll live. Comfort yourself in a law library researching the statutes surrounding obstruction and perjury. Shame pathological lying wasn't a crime. She'd get life with no parole. Then again, maybe she did?

Old 12-13-2016, 07:59 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,720,874 times
Its messy.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,221,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Hey, Perry Mason, I'm not a lawyer. And as it turns out its moot. If you want the definition, legally, the statues that surround obstruction of justice or perhaps, perjury google them. I don't think I need to recite chapter and verse the legal statutes that surround these charges. I think at a layman's level, they are fairly clear enough for most. The best part is that in the court of public opinion, they have rendered their decision without so much as an indictment. Not even a parking ticket. Verdict? She's out. If only the legal system were this efficient....

You are right in one aspect, there is nothing the left can do about it. It's over. As it relates to the cheerleading, do you really think many thought she would be indicted, let alone convicted? Hardly. But, as mentioned before, it simply doesn't matter. She's finished and the Democrats will need to get another leader next time. It did serve its purpose though and I'm fine if they don't peruse her. Who cares? She lost. Finished.

All anyone, myself included, really wanted was for her to lose. And as we all know, had the underlying questions about her credibility/integrity, or lack thereof, had not been a daily freak show worthy of Jerry Springer, she probably would have won?

But, she didn't. Did she? And you on the left have to live with that. A womanizing businessman smoked her. What does that say about her? not even SNL, the media, cheating in the debates, screwing Bernie and his followers could change that. Hallelujah....hallelujah.....

I think it fair to say the only ones who have been worked up over this a-kicking have been the left. So much so that some even wish to debate the merits and exact potential charges she may/may not face in the future. Long after the game is over no less. Kind of like debating the strategies after the war is fought. Moot.

Rioting.....burning....protesting....talk show pundits crying.....please. It's merciful the left didn't win. I appreciate your bowing out with the weak reiteration of what was said earlier. Let me pay you the same condescending tone. You know, the one you say in a veiled attempt to walk away from a battle holding your head up high even when you lost? Dignity.....or vanity? You decide.

No matter, you will eventually adjust. Regardless of what Trump does, or does not do/accomplish, it's a far better place we are in now without Barrack or 4 more years of him under the secretary of state formerly known as Hillary Clinton. Straight forward enough for you?

We won. You'll live. Comfort yourself in a law library researching the statutes surrounding obstruction and perjury. Shame pathological lying wasn't a crime. She'd get life with no parole. Then again, maybe she did?
You didn't win anything. Trump and his pals won. This type of fanatical mentality isn't healthy. If you don't care if she faces prosecution then why post? This is about whether or not she should be pardoned not Trump winning the election if you can't answer the question then why post?

Old 12-13-2016, 08:21 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,237,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You didn't win anything. Trump and his pals won. This type of fanatical mentality isn't healthy. If you don't care if she faces prosecution then why post? This is about whether or not she should be pardoned not Trump winning the election if you can't answer the question then why post?
Because the other writer asked? As it relates to winning, you are right. I didn't win...alone. We all won. Enjoy your tax break. No, she shouldn't be pardoned but, perry mason was trying to win an argument over what laws she may or may not have broken. I was simply trying to,illustrate to him that it was moot now.

Chances are, no one will pursue it for the same reasons America didn't pursue Nixon. It's too much of a distraction resulting in lost economic productivity. If it were upto me, I would toss her in jail over any charge with the hope that if any felony stuck (perjury? Obstruction?) she could never hold office again. Win win.

Reality says she will probably not get indicted nor spend a night in jail. Just like Nixon. I can live with that although I'm a huge believer that she probably broke the law and should be treated and pursued like anyone else. I'm just temperednbynthe fact that it will probably never happen. Sad.

There are two worlds. The world we wished existed and the world we actually live in. Unfortunately,in this world, she probably gets a pass and it's a shame. Not so much because I can't stand her but, because I hate inequity under the eyes of the law even more. Kind of like the way Republicans felt when Bernie was screwed. Sure, we didn't believe in Bernie but, the way he was screwed by Hillary was completely unacceptable. She's dispicable, deplorable. And she will probably never see a courtroom based on who she is.

No one should be above the law. Not you, me, or even Hillary.

I'll have to take enough comfort over her loss and with any luck, the final,collapse of the Clinton Dynasty. Good enough.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,221,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Because the other writer asked? As it relates to winning, you are right. I didn't win...alone. We all won. Enjoy your tax break. No, she shouldn't be pardoned but, perry mason was trying to win an argument over what laws she may or may not have broken. I was simply trying to,illustrate to him that it was moot now.

Chances are, no one will pursue it for the same reasons America didn't pursue Nixon. It's too much of a distraction resulting in lost economic productivity. If it were upto me, I would toss her in jail over any charge with the hope that if any felony stuck (perjury? Obstruction?) she could never hold office again. Win win.

Reality says she will probably not get indicted nor spend a night in jail. Just like Nixon. I can live with that although I'm a huge believer that she probably broke the law and should be treated and pursued like anyone else. I'm just temperednbynthe fact that it will probably never happen. Sad.

There are two worlds. The world we wished existed and the world we actually live in. Unfortunately,in this world, she probably gets a pass and it's a shame. Not so much because I can't stand her but, because I hate inequity under the eyes of the law even more. Kind of like the way Republicans felt when Bernie was screwed. Sure, we didn't believe in Bernie but, the way he was screwed by Hillary was completely unacceptable. She's dispicable, deplorable. And she will probably never see a courtroom based on who she is.

No one should be above the law. Not you, me, or even Hillary.

I'll have to take enough comfort over her loss and with any luck, the final,collapse of the Clinton Dynasty. Good enough.
Okay now we're getting somewhere. I agree that Bernie got jobbed in the primaries when he was the far more popular and likable candidate. The result is one of the most contentious, toxic elections of all time. It would be best for everyone if Hill and Bill went away and retired somewhere. But I say that all of those who are so hard up about putting her in prison should let it go and move on with their lives. Focus on Trump and make sure he fulfills his promises in improving the economy. That is what is important right now.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:43 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,098,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Okay now we're getting somewhere. I agree that Bernie got jobbed in the primaries when he was the far more popular and likable candidate. The result is one of the most contentious, toxic elections of all time. It would be best for everyone if Hill and Bill went away and retired somewhere. But I say that all of those who are so hard up about putting her in prison should let it go and move on with their lives. Focus on Trump and make sure he fulfills his promises in improving the economy. That is what is important right now.
The downside of not pushing ahead on putting her in jail is that the snowflake crowd will never learn why she lost. They will be back in four years ignoring the truth and supporting the liar du jour. We need to educate the masses that don't want to be educated.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:35 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
he going to anyway
Again, there is nothing for him to pardon, pardons are only for people convicted of a crime in a court if law, not the court of public opinion.

It's a little more interesting now that Flynn also violated his handling of classified information.

Old 12-15-2016, 08:46 AM

50,965 posts, read 36,657,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The downside of not pushing ahead on putting her in jail is that the snowflake crowd will never learn why she lost. They will be back in four years ignoring the truth and supporting the liar du jour. We need to educate the masses that don't want to be educated.
I don't think this is the case at all. I think most democrats were well aware of her flaws, in fact many of us were very openly saying "I'm going to vote for her but I don't like her". That said, there were a variety of factors that led to her loss, trust being one of them but also failure to have a message for the middle class, not going to Wisconsin or other blue collar areas.

C'mon now....I am giving Trump a chance open-mindedly, but you cannot possibly release him from the liar umbrella...that's just wearing blinders. He just lies about stupider things (saying he never said something that is on TAPE for instance). Or claiming Melania's going to have a press conference any day now to explain whether she worked here illegally, or that he's not allowed to release his tax returns.

Just saying, you can support him fully without being stupid about it. There is no moral high ground for him to claim, either, that is clear to anyone. Just stay vigilant, it's not about sides it's about the country. When we start rooting for sides like a WWF match and lauding "our guy" like he has God-like perfection, the whole country loses.

Just because the loser is flawed doesn't mean the winner has no flaws. That's just silly and simplistic.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:20 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,030,422 times
Some people behave badly when they lose. And then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates