Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 09:15 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

M-103: Anti-Islamophobia Motion Easily Passes House Of Commons

What do you guys think?

Supposedly its for a committee to find a way to tackle discrimination against Islam and "racism" and it isn't a bill. Personally, I think its a way for Islam and Muslims in Canada to get special treatment and silence anyone who speaks out against and criticizes Islam. It's supposed to be for all religions but it seems to focus on "Islamophobia". I'm not buying into this and I'm completely against it. I feel its just a way for certain groups of Muslims to slowly implement their way of life into the west by making blasphemy laws. It's the way Islam works, they're slither in little by little till Islam gets its way.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:40 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
There will always be discrimination in the world because that is just how some people are and a bill/law will do nothing but have those people point fingers at the problem.

What group doesn't have stigma or a stereotype yet they do nothing to help themselves.
My wife is Irish and it is shocking how many people ask her how drunk she gets. She hardly drinks at all.
Her example to the world is to buck the negative stereotype and be a hard smart worker.

We all know that it is not all muslims who are terrorists but for some reason the terrorists are always muslim.
They are doing nothing to help themselves and the image that the world has of them.

The same can be said of black people. They are an amazing race that have made huge strides in our society yet some of them continue to live that negative stereotype and that is what the world sees because the media broadcasts it.

The only way to battle islamaphobia is for the muslim people to show the world that they are above the negative stereotypes associated with their ideology.

Canada can pass all the laws they want but it is going to take time, much more than a week between murderous terrorist attacks to change the way people think and reduce their fears.

Old 04-10-2017, 01:34 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,048,498 times
Why have you titled this thread "M-103 Law in Canada" ??? That is a deliberately misleading title and you will know that if you had read the article.

M-103 is not a law, it is not a bill and the article specifically states that.

M stands for motion. M-103 is a motion calling on the Commons heritage committee to study ways to reduce all religious discrimination and systemic racism, including islamophobia which has become the latest hot topic buzzword for racism.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:33 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,287,554 times
It "easily passed" because it's valueless...means nothing...waste of time and money.
The Canadian gov's practice of absolute discrimination against it's tax payers and home owners is the breeding ground for racism.
Blatant discrimination towards some and blatant favoritism towards others, is what's keeping racism alive.

Old 04-16-2017, 03:41 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The only way to battle islamaphobia is for the muslim people to show the world that they are above the negative stereotypes associated with their ideology.

Canada can pass all the laws they want but it is going to take time, much more than a week between murderous terrorist attacks to change the way people think and reduce their fears.
The purpose of the bill or motion or whatever it is is to give Muslims another weapon in their arsenal to shut down criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Why have you titled this thread "M-103 Law in Canada" ??? That is a deliberately misleading title and you will know that if you had read the article.

M-103 is not a law, it is not a bill and the article specifically states that.

M stands for motion. M-103 is a motion calling on the Commons heritage committee to study ways to reduce all religious discrimination and systemic racism, including islamophobia which has become the latest hot topic buzzword for racism.
Does it matter? Its purpose is to chill anti-Sharia activity.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:52 AM

465 posts, read 418,590 times
Every race that migrates has integration issues. I don't know Canada's approach will fast track acceptance and integration. I just know it takes a couple of generations for acceptance. And I am not saying full acceptance either.

Old 04-20-2017, 10:27 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
Every race that migrates has integration issues. I don't know Canada's approach will fast track acceptance and integration. I just know it takes a couple of generations for acceptance. And I am not saying full acceptance either.
I am Jewish. I consider that Reform, Conservative and Modern Orthodox Jews are fully accepted and integrated. Yes, there are one-off incidents such as desecration of synagogues and graves. Or some forums that are psychotic as well as anti-Jewish.

Nothing is perfect but I would call 95% acceptance and 85% integration to be as good as it gets.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:45 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,066,661 times
Islamaphobia makes as much sense as naziphobia.
But no-one would try to claim naziphobia, they think they can make a case for Islamaphobia though.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:17 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Nothing to see here just another bill to keep us fighting among ourselves, so accept it and move on.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:59 PM

4,314 posts, read 3,999,732 times
The Governor of Minnesota deals with problems arising with Muslims by stating anyone having a problem with Muslims should move out of Minnesota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates