Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 06:04 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I do not now and have NEVER supported pedophilia ...... But I do love and support my MTF transgender friends. I have seen their struggles and what they have had to face and can not understand how people can be so hateful......

Well, I do understand that it comes from ignorance and prejudice and fear of the unknown and different........
That's why I am trying to educate people here about the term gender, and the sexologist John Money and his experiments and viewpoints on children and sex.

There is a LOT of ignorance regarding his views and "research" and how he created the term gender as we use it today, based on his pedophiiliac experiments with children.

Here's a few links of a three-part series you can share so you can help people understand.

Dr. John Money and the THEORY of Gender Identity-A Postmortem (Part 1) ~ The dirt from Dirt

Dr. John Money and the THEORY of Gender Identity-A Postmortem (Part 2) ~ The dirt from Dirt

Dr. John Money and the THEORY of Gender Identity-A Postmortem (Part 3) ~ The dirt from Dirt

Old 03-21-2017, 06:23 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,084,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. That pedophile is the ONE WHO CREATED THE TERM.

So if you are refusing to research John Money, then you should also reject transgenderism.

See how that works? Sexologist/pedophile creates term, experiments on children. But you don't want to see lalalalalala. And pretend transgenderism is healthy and normal. Riiiiiiiiiight.

John Money. Look it up. Educate yourself so you know what it is that YOU ARE SUPPORTING.

What are you so afraid of?
Lol the logical fallacies contained in this post are great. I honestly don't care about the garbage debate when you idiots make me chuckle so much.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
Lol the logical fallacies contained in this post are great. I honestly don't care about the garbage debate when you idiots make me chuckle so much.
Read up about Dr. John Money, the creator of the term gender, who experimented with children trying to make them transgender, (MTF), then come back and discuss your findings. Without him, this debate thread wouldn't even been here today.

After doing some reading, I doubt you'll be laughing, more likely throwing up. At least that would be a normal reaction after reading about him.

Thanks for the response.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:37 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I am not "disgusted" as the OP put it. Do I think it's weird? Yes because I don't get it and I don't have those feelings of being born in the wrong body, however, that doesn't make transgenders feelings any less legitimate. But because we don't understand it many condemn it. My oldest is gay and while I will never understand those feelings for a person of the same sex I accept them.

Do transgender people have a mental illness? Is it body dysmorphia? I don't know and I don't concern myself with it. People have a right to do what they feel is best for them whether I agree with it or not. We are not here to judge other people's lifestyles as long as they are not harming anyone. I would certainly never treat a transgender person any differently than anyone else.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:47 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
The peabrain Fox News mantra is certainly strong in this thread.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:58 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
People fear what they don't understand.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
I have no problem at all with transgendered people--that is, people who have determined what their gender ought to be and committed to it.

It's the ones who won't commit that cause confusion, and I've heard even transgendered people say that.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Read up about Dr. John Money, the creator of the term gender, who experimented with children trying to make them transgender, (MTF), then come back and discuss your findings. Without him, this debate thread wouldn't even been here today.

After doing some reading, I doubt you'll be laughing, more likely throwing up. At least that would be a normal reaction after reading about him.

Thanks for the response.
I am familiar with his work already actually. What he was trying to prove is that gender is the sole result of socialization. His rather disturbing experiment failed... However the current trans movement is built on the idea that gender is NOT socialized and therefore his study has nothing to do with current trans political causes.

I am actually shocked (well, not that shocked) that you can't see a difference between surgically altering children against their will and fully informed consenting adults choosing to live as a different gender.

Either you are an idiot or you aren't arguing in good faith.

Old 03-21-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by history nerd View Post
I am familiar with his work already actually. What he was trying to prove is that gender is the sole result of socialization. His rather disturbing experiment failed... However the current trans movement is built on the idea that gender is NOT socialized and therefore his study has nothing to do with current trans political causes.

I am actually shocked (well, not that shocked) that you can't see a difference between surgically altering children against their will and fully informed consenting adults choosing to live as a different gender.

Either you are an idiot or you aren't arguing in good faith.
You are not familiar with Money's research. He never surgically altered children. He created the gender construct.

The only thing to be shocked about is how the media's attempts at normalization of transgenderism has been lapped up by people who refuse to do the most rudimentary research about the subject.

Transgenderism is a mental illness. It can be celebrated on the covers of mainstream magazines every week, but it does not mean it is not a mental illness. These people need help. And i say that WITH RESPECT and WITHOUT FEAR.

If an adult fully chooses to live that way, refuses to get help, you are right that is their choice. However, to pretend it is healthy and normal behavior and should be celebrated and accepted and talked about every day by countless media reports, legislation, and school programs targeted to children?

That's wrong. Absolutely 100% wrong.

I am not shocked that you can't see THAT difference.

(notice I managed to post and did not call you any names. try it sometime.)

Old 03-21-2017, 07:20 AM

Quote:
You are not familiar with Money's research. He never surgically altered children. He created the gender construct.

The only thing to be shocked about is how the media's attempts at normalization of transgenderism has been lapped up by people who refuse to do the most rudimentary research about the subject.

Transgenderism is a mental illness. It can be celebrated on the covers of mainstream magazines every week, but it does not mean it is not a mental illness. These people need help. And i say that WITH RESPECT and WITHOUT FEAR.

If an adult fully chooses to live that way, refuses to get help, you are right that is their choice. However, to pretend it is healthy and normal behavior and should be celebrated and accepted and talked about every day by countless media reports, legislation, and school programs targeted to children?

That's wrong. Absolutely 100% wrong.

I am not shocked that you can't see THAT difference.

(notice I managed to post and did not call you any names. try it sometime.)
I misremembered some details, sorry, its been while since psyche 101. Doesn't change the point about socialization though and arguably not the point about consent. If anything Money's study shows that only the individual knows what gender they are and it isn't about socialization or having a penis. If gender can't be permanently influenced by socialization then it could be argued that trans is something people are born with not something that develops.

It doesn't get talked about every day. I'm not sure where ypu are getting that from... Certainly not in schools. Its been in the media a bit because of the controversy regarding bathrooms (stupid made up issue) but that's it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates