Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 PM

346 posts, read 237,714 times

Advertisements

Much as the topic states, do you think it's even humanly possible for humans to create a system where those in positions of power and authority are held responsible for their actions 100% of the time, or do you think we humans are eternally doomed to always have to live in a system where to one extent or another, those in power and authority will always get away with using, abusing, oppressing, exploiting, raping and killing others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 11:07 AM

185 posts, read 96,919 times
Maybe the optimist in me feels it can be done if it were a true collective and massive effort among the populace. And if people could stop looking to politicians as a DEITY instead of just people in high positions. Lots of people become very dogmatic of their candidate of choice. For example, I support Trump so in essence I am a Trump supporter. Doesn't mean that I support everything he does, that I don't have criticisms of Trump, that I don't question some of his motives and reasoning. Doesn't mean that he can't do no wrong to me and that I'll blindly be a supporter. At any moment he can make a decision where he will lose my support. I can shower Trump with superlatives but I also refuse to give him the absolute, blind devotion and praise.

Once people can realize that politicians and the governments ARE wrong many times, once we can stop being so naive to think the government and certain figures are without fault, we can hold them more accountable and they can start repenting for their wrong doings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates