Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:56 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,020,304 times

Advertisements

I'm scared ****less.. literally.

Wasn't for the bailout.. but now that it hasn't happened, I'm scared.

So.. what next?

What options are there to stabalize?

I think it probably didn't pass because there was nothing in there that would really halt foreclosures..

So.. why didn't they put it in there? Why are they being so stubborn about it? Seems to me that if they would have included the ability for judgest to restructure mortgages for those facing foreclosure that enter bankruptcy.. would have been a reasonable and good step to stemming off massive foreclosures?

Anyone give me some insight and help me out here..

Should I start stockpiling food or what!

I'm really scared here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,038 times
Look, all a bailout would do is delay the inevitable, so why not just get it over with and NOT spend that extra money needlessly? The economy needs time to stabilize itself and it's not going to do that if we keep slapping a bandaid on the sucking chest wound. Be afraid all you want but I'm going to sit back, stay calm, and not overextend myself financially like so many others.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Look, all a bailout would do is delay the inevitable, so why not just get it over with and NOT spend that extra money needlessly? The economy needs time to stabilize itself and it's not going to do that if we keep slapping a bandaid on the sucking chest wound.
I'm looking for people who really know and understand the markets to break it down for me..

Someone on another thread mentioned other options... etc.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,928,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
I'm looking for people who really know and understand the markets to break it down for me..

Someone on another thread mentioned other options... etc.
Righty-o, because someone with no debt, no mortgage, no bankruptcy ever, a decent retirement fund, and investment property wouldn't understand how money works. Good on ya, lemme know how that works out for you.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 PM

765 posts, read 1,913,860 times
I read the proposal but it didn't make a whole lot of sense.But i have my rifle ready for hunting season and the garden is ready for spring just in case.Some can sit and wait but i think i may take the ant and grasshopper approach.. If you do not know the story look it up it makes a lot of sense in lew of what is happening right now.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislives View Post
I read the proposal but it didn't make a whole lot of sense.But i have my rifle ready for hunting season and the garden is ready for spring just in case.Some can sit and wait but i think i may take the ant and grasshopper approach.. If you do not know the story look it up it makes a lot of sense in lew of what is happening right now.
I have a 2 year old and have read it many a time.

I plan on learning how to garden for the spring.. althouhg not very good at hunting.. don't know how to use a gun..
But atleast Ill have some veggies to eat.. I'll go out and stockpile flour!!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Righty-o, because someone with no debt, no mortgage, no bankruptcy ever, a decent retirement fund, and investment property wouldn't understand how money works. Good on ya, lemme know how that works out for you.
I meant no disrespect.

Your answer was more rhetoric than fact, that's all.

I was looking for a true analytical run down from someone that is an economist.

You can know how money works, without understanding what can or can not happen as a result of this .

Old 09-29-2008, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I meant no disrespect.

Your answer was more rhetoric than fact, that's all.

I was looking for a true analytical run down from someone that is an economist.

You can know how money works, without understanding what can or can not happen as a result of this .
Get you a copy of the Foxfire books it will teach you all you ever need to know about hunting trapping gardening and even home remedies.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:05 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,505,885 times
Quote:
So.. what next?
Well, global stock market crash first. Then, people start putting their heads together to make this or that revision and get a bill back onto the calendar, hoping that this time there will be a few less complete-idiot votes. There aren't really a lot of other options on the table at this point...

Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 PM

You know having some extra food and water around has never hurt,if you do stockpile flour be careful if weevels get in it it would be ruined.Make sure it's sealed airtight i even use a small piece of dry ice when sealing it to get all the air out. Like i said before the foxfire series is the best to teach you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates