Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 05:47 PM

1,310 posts, read 3,052,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Yep. I live in a residential area in the country. I know how you feel.

As a relative newcomer to rural living I've had to adjust my expectations.

The rules are different when you live outside the city limits.

Thank goodness for that!
You know, i was just thinking... on the overall scope of things , it could be alot worse as it is for some. The next door neighbors 5 dogs are the ONLY displeasure I find in where i live ; I really do enjoy living in southern rural / unincorporated America and can count many blessings to having moved here from up north . The next door neighbor is a rather amusing Fellow apart from his inconsiderate persona ; each Friday night, I can hear him thru the woods putzing around the yard and obviously drinking because as the night goes on and im on my back deck enjoying the starry hosts...he starts singing Cowboy songs and contemporary country and western music a little louder as each hour passes ; hes actually got a very good voice and its entertaining listening to him as the resident crickets and bullfrogs chime in with him.

Last edited by RVlover; 09-18-2009 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 06:09 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,803 times
to the person who wanted to know how I get by with dog dander allergies~ live in 2 retirement comunities that do not allow pets~ and most stores are not pet freindly~ except for pet stores! Reseraunts are also mostly pet-free. If I travel I make reservations on motels that do not allow pets~ but getting harder to find. Biggest problem occured when kids of people right down street " couldn't leave their family" at home and snuck their dog in when visiting parents! Took that dog EVERYWHERE~ pool, up and down streets and into clubhouse before being caught and evicted~ and parents were "fined" about $10,000 to pay for disinfecting entire premises.

Would like to impress people that there are areas where even service dogs are prohibited~ and they are that way for a reason.

Again, I really do not have anything against your dog~ just do not wish to meet him in person!!

PS... Is spelled out in contract that no pets OR service animals are allowed!

Last edited by deckdoc; 09-18-2009 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: correct

Old 09-18-2009, 07:44 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee 42 View Post
I walk my 2 big breed dogs every day. I carry several plastic bags with me in a small satchel. It is unthinkable for me, that I would not pick up after my dogs. I think it should be the law, as it is in other locales around the country, since evidently consideration and good manners are no incentive for alot of the dog owning population. I say that because every day, not only am I cleaning up after my own dogs, but inevitably I find feces on my front lawn from passersby's dogs, and I have to get THAT, too. * arggh* ! I would LOVE to see it actually in progress, so I could run outside with a bag for them and say, "gee, did you forget your bag? Here ya go".

I agree that people should clean up the pooops after their dogs but I am really tired of all the laws.

Ok....Jessie's Fairy Land..... people are just decent human beings and they do the right thing.

Sorry...........dream over

Old 09-19-2009, 03:15 AM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
This topic has been debated many times before. Face it what it really boils down to is not people who do not clean up after dogs but rather to irresponsible people. Irresponsible people are that way in many areas of their lives so why do you expect them to be different when it comes to their dogs?

I am a dog owner, I do keep my dogs leashed unless we are in an official off leash area, I do pick up after my dogs, I do not allow them to bark and bark and I do not let them annoy other people when we are out. That said I too get annoyed at the irresponsible dogs owners for the same reason you all do but then again I also get annoyed at people who leave trash all over . My dogs and I walk alot and on our walks we find broken bottles, sharp caps from beer bottles, chicken bones and fast food wrappers, Used baby diapers etc so if these people can not even clean up after themselves how do you expect them to clean up after their dog?

As for bringing dogs in places they are not allowed well some people think rules do not apply to them and these same people insist on bringing young kids to places they do not belong. Some people just seem to feel they have the right to do anything they please and once again is that really just a dog owner issue? I think not.

So next time you make an issue out of the dog poop topic stop and look at the whole picture as yes there are alot of irresponsible people out there but why is it the dog aspect always gets seperated from the rest when it is in truth just a part of the issue? My parents taught us to treat other people how we would want them to treat us and it is a shame not all parents taught their kids this.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:08 AM

5,232 posts, read 8,416,920 times
Capture the dog & bring it to the pound as a first step, if you really live in the country then a pellet gun is a great second step. Killing it is wrong IMo because its the owners negligence, but useing force to dissuade it from doing what bothers you is fine.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
Capture the dog & bring it to the pound as a first step, if you really live in the country then a pellet gun is a great second step. Killing it is wrong IMo because its the owners negligence, but useing force to dissuade it from doing what bothers you is fine.
Why do you question that i live in the country ?! Id be afraid of using a Pellet Gun and knocking the Dogs eye out from 100' away. Then the Law will make my situation far more tense. Besides, i dont desire to punish animals.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
Ah yes, the advantages of having an 11.26 acre tract/w. creek and 2.5 acre cleared spot for the house and veggie garden. We always go out with the dogs, fling frisbees, use a chuck-it for long distance ball tossing. The dogs roam and fertilize as they will, we always tell guest to "watch where you step" often guests bring their dog to play with ours. Our German Shepherd Dogs are friendly, for the most part and enjoy frolic-ing with others, and our large Male is the best baby sitter in the state, he is great with small children.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Ah yes, the advantages of having an 11.26 acre tract/w. creek and 2.5 acre cleared spot for the house and veggie garden. We always go out with the dogs, fling frisbees, use a chuck-it for long distance ball tossing. The dogs roam and fertilize as they will, we always tell guest to "watch where you step" often guests bring their dog to play with ours. Our German Shepherd Dogs are friendly, for the most part and enjoy frolic-ing with others, and our large Male is the best baby sitter in the state, he is great with small children.
Thats nice that you have such a large Spread for the dogs to frolic and deficate at will ; should the World outside of ones domain be viewed as one big toilet for Dogs ? Why or why not ? Thanks.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:36 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Thats nice that you have such a large Spread for the dogs to frolic and deficate at will ; should the World outside of ones domain be viewed as one big toilet for Dogs ? Why or why not ? Thanks.
As I stated previously, I agree with you (as a dog owner). I don't mean for this to be OT, but it reminds me of people that litter. They are careless and thougtless of how they affect others.

Old 09-19-2009, 09:43 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
I have three dogs, I built them a fence with my husband so they could run around,
I admire you. Most wives don't want their husbands to "run around".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates