Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2010, 12:41 PM

7 posts, read 15,367 times

Advertisements

I got offered a promotion today that I accepted (I am a NC State Employee), and will soon be moving to Alamance County (probably sometime in July or August). My wife and I would like to rent for at least 6 months to a year so we can learn about the area before we decide where to buy a home.

My position is located in Graham, and due to on call responsabilities, I need to live within a 30 minute drive to town.

We would appreciate any info on apartments or homes for rent in Alamance County, including the Burlington, Graham, or Mebane areas, or points within 30 minutes of Graham. Does anyone have any recommendations on real estate agents in the area as well? Are there any agents you would recommend who handle home rentals?

Finally, where are the best places to buy a home in Alamance. I have heard good things about Mebane. I have been told that Graham south of the interstate is nice as well. What is it like living in Graham? I have been told to avoid East Burlington (I work with someone from Alamance county)

Any additional info on the area would be appreciated as well.

Todd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 02:11 PM

43 posts, read 109,781 times
I don't know about renting because I have no experience with that but we purchased a townhome last August in Graham, south of I40. We moved from a northern state and have been very happy here so far. Where we live is fairly quiet but with five-ten minutes drive of everything we need - churches, library,shopping, Dr. etc. We found everyone to be friendly and helpful. We like living in a smallish town. Our daughter is grown up and lives in Raleigh so we don't know anything about the schools here.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,251 times
We are also from a northern state and moved to west Burlington 2 1/2 years ago. We bought a home in Mackintosh on the lake. We like it very much and it is very convienient to I-40 and I-85, and any kind of store you could ask for. Graham and Mebane are nice small towns to raise a family.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:29 AM

8 posts, read 9,565 times
Question Relocating to Alamance

So how did you make out with the move? I am trying to figure out the area for the same reasons you did. There's a job opportunity in the school system. How are the schools? What area did you settle on? Where wouldn't you go?
Thanks!

Old 06-29-2011, 03:21 PM

13 posts, read 29,588 times
Todd,
There are some great areas in Alamance County to live in and good pricing on homes. As far as rentals it is going to depend on size. Any single family homes will usually insist on a 12 month lease. Apartments are more lenient and you can do as short as three months.

There is TONS of shopping that will make your wife happy and the brand new Tanger Outlet mall right off I-40 is a big draw.

Yes Graham is the county seat and I have clients that work there also. One is an attorney that just bought a townhome outside of Graham and got a great deal on it (builder foreclosure).

Old 07-04-2011, 10:38 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
There are apartments in Mebane, I drive past them often, but, as is the case with things you drive by often but have no business there, I have no idea what the name of them is, will look again tomorrow. We had a really nice fireworks display here tonight. Also, the library in Mebane is disproportionately large for such a small town, methinks this speaks volumes about the area. Pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point