Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 05:06 AM

20 posts, read 114,696 times

Advertisements

Hello. I want to move to NC within the next 3 months. I went to visit my daughter in Fayetteville, and that city is not for me. I want a quieter place, closer to the mountains--not the Coast--but need to be within 30 min of a fairly large city (for jobs). I was recommended "Linden", Stedman, Eastover, Southern Pines, Sanford... I would like to hear from people who live there! Keep in mind I am 47 yrs old, and an average blue collar worker. I need to find very affordable housing (an apartment or house to rent) and one person living with me might rely on public transportation.
Please help. Unfortunately, my trip to Fayetteville was just that---I did NOT get to venture out and look at these cities. Long story!
I really appreciate any help/advise. Thank you.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 07:04 AM

635 posts, read 3,093,288 times
Sanford is a nice "bedroom community" to Fayetteville, about 20-30 minute commute, especially for those stationed at Ft. Bragg and Pope AFB. Sanford is about 30k in population, but has a nice small town vibe and lower cost of living that many find attractive.

Here's a recent post on Sanford:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/9645744-post7.html

Good luck!
Al

Old 07-10-2009, 08:10 AM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinmat02 View Post
Hello. I want to move to NC within the next 3 months. I went to visit my daughter in Fayetteville, and that city is not for me. I want a quieter place, closer to the mountains--not the Coast--but need to be within 30 min of a fairly large city (for jobs). I was recommended "Linden", Stedman, Eastover, Southern Pines, Sanford... I would like to hear from people who live there! Keep in mind I am 47 yrs old, and an average blue collar worker. I need to find very affordable housing (an apartment or house to rent) and one person living with me might rely on public transportation.
Please help. Unfortunately, my trip to Fayetteville was just that---I did NOT get to venture out and look at these cities. Long story!
I really appreciate any help/advise. Thank you.

[+] Rate this post positively
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]
You might want to repost in the Raleigh forum...these areas are much closer to Raleigh than the Triad.

Good Luck!

Old 07-10-2009, 01:01 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,533,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
You might want to repost in the Raleigh forum...these areas are much closer to Raleigh than the Triad.

Good Luck!
Or the general NC forum.

I'll second the recommendation from our resident Sanford booster. It's conveniently located and large enough to provide amemities.

While you might find reasonably priced housing outside So. Pines, most of the So. Pines/Pinehurst area is geared toward upscale golf/horses/retiree residents.

The other communities you mention can't really be called cities; I'd characterize them as towns at most. I'm not even sure they're incorporated municipalities.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:49 PM

10 posts, read 29,068 times
The Southern Pines/Pinehurst area is nice, but kinda pricy. Aberdeen is nearby and nice, too.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 PM

159 posts, read 259,159 times
Default linden,southern pines

anyone know of a private HS that is affordable in the southern pines linden area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point