Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,805 times

Advertisements

Hello. Could someone tell me about the crime activity in Winston Salem, NC? I will be attending Wake Forest in July for medical school and am having trouble finding an apartment that is safe and allows German Shepherds. Are the following apartments in safe areas? I've read before that apartments in the 27104 and 27106 zip codes tend to be the best bet in Winston. Is this true?

-Colonial Village at Glen Eagles: Braehill Terrace Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27104

-Corners at Crystal Lake Apartments: 2700 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106

-Salem Ridge Apartments: 231 Brierhurst Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27104

-Brookford Place Apartments: 50 Brookford Pl Ct, Winston-Salem, NC 27104

Or am I better off living in the suburbs at a place like Hampton Corners in Clemmons, NC? I've heard good things about Clemmons. Thank you so much for any help here! I'm planning on calling the police station for more information regarding these areas on Monday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 07:53 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarena1992 View Post
I will be attending Wake Forest in July for medical school
and am having trouble finding an apartment that is safe and allows German Shepherds.
Finding one among the places known and recommended to students by Wake?

Quote:
Are the following apartments in safe areas?
-Colonial Village at Glen Eagles: Braehill Terrace Dr, Winston-Salem, NC 27104
-Salem Ridge Apartments: 231 Brierhurst Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27104
-Brookford Place Apartments: 50 Brookford Pl Ct, Winston-Salem, NC 27104
-Corners at Crystal Lake Apartments: 2700 Reynolda Rd, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
At face (no deep knowledge) these should all be safe enough.
But aside from Crystal Lake they aren't especially convenient for the commute.

Quote:
Or am I better off living in the suburbs...
More likely to find a property management company willing to accept large dogs?

Your best bet would be renting a small house with a yard or a bedroom within someones
house and as close to the campus as possible vs long(er) commutes in each day.

hth

Old 03-28-2015, 05:30 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,532,029 times
But wouldn't the OP be located at the Bowman Gray campus (e.g. the hospital), being in medical school?

Have you asked the student housing office at the medical school for help?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point