Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 09:00 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,114,555 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to NC and am hopeful of finding a part time job for some extra money and meeting new people.
I have almost always worked in an office setting; am very teachable. I have an associates in humanities. I am not limited to office work; however, cannot do heavy lifting, etc.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 09:23 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
Have you looked on Indeed.com?

You'll likely need to be local before starting your search unless you are, a)willing to travel for interviews, and b) willing to start work immediately.

A good way to network is find a church that suits you. I know you are moving here knowing no one. It's a good place to start to meet people.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:36 AM

Default Thank you Sue

I appreciate all the information I can get here.

I was posting here a couple of months ago (used a different name but unfortunately did not write it down so had to re-invent myself). You were very helpful to me at that time.

Hope things are going well for you. I remember you had a job that left you pretty tired at the end of the day.

BTW.... I had be-friended you at that time...... may I do that again? I'm the almost 73-y/o from central NY state.

Old 04-11-2015, 09:40 AM

Default Sue.....

Indeed is definitely a good suggestion. I get emails from them now for work here but I think my move might be coming up sooner rather than later so will wait till I get there before pursuing.
The last of my two sisters has Hospice now. I can't leave till she has passed. No real reason to stay after that. And I've decided to sell or donate everything here and find a furnished apartment. Any suggestions on that subject would be greatly appreciated, too.
Thanks again.

Judy

Old 04-11-2015, 10:28 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,426,286 times
I think finding a furnished place might be hard. I know moving is a pain, but you might really miss your things.

Old 04-11-2015, 10:52 AM

Default Furnished vs not furnished

A moving van will cost me about $1,000.

I don't have a truck/van of any type and no strong young men to move my things from here into new apt.
I thought it would be easier to go with furnished.

But I value what you have written. I know every night I get into my bed I thank God for my wonderful bed. If I can't find one I like as much...... you make a very good point about missing some of my things.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point