Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 06:21 PM

14 posts, read 51,283 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I have a question about a couple of apartment complexes in Greensboro and how safe the neighborhoods around them are. I live in Greensboro in a complex near W. Florida St. and Marsh St., with these being the major cross streets, so it is off of W. Florida in between Randleman Rd. and Freeman Mill Rd. I am feeling very uncomfortable with the safety and amount of crime in the area and in the complex and neighboring complexes, so I am looking into moving. I am a single mother with a visual impairment who relies on public transit to get around, so having a decent amount of safety is important for my daughter and me. I have applied to a couple of complexes already that I can afford on my income and have compared the crime on the crime mapping site, but I am wondering if anyone here knows firsthand about these complexes and the areas around them. I don't expect them to be completely safe and crime-free, but I want to compare these complexes and areas to the current area that I live in so I will have an idea of how much better or worse they really are. I don't want to move only to find out that the situation is just as bad as or worse than it is here where I am living now. Here are the places:
Rockwood Manor Apartments: 3818 Rockwood Manor Dr. located near 16th St and Mc Knight Mill Rd. A friend of mine told me to stay away from Mc Knight Mill Rd. but I didn't find too much crime, and most of what I found was near Mc Knight Mill and Summit Ave. rather than near 16th St.
Lawrence Manor: 2300 Juliet Pl. near Vandalia Rd. and Juliet Pl.
Westview Valley Apartments: 436 Guilford College Rd. I think these are near W. Market St. and Guilford College Rd.
Besides these, can anyone here recommend any other apartments that are not too expensive and are in not-so-bad areas of Greensboro and on a bus line?
Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point