Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2015, 02:01 PM

9 posts, read 7,019 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone~

My wife will soon be working at A&T and it looks like we will be making a move extremely quickly (like the next 2-3 weeks). We currently live in the Midwest and neither of us have any experience or friends we can contact for ideas or advice in regards to where we may want to live. As a result, I am seeking any advice from the knowledgeable community that frequents these forums. Our criteria is as follows:

1) 20 mins is about as far as she is willing to drive to get to work, however if there are really no nice areas within this driving time we are open to looking further out such as in WS and HP areas.

2) Our target for rent is around $1000 per month. We are looking for a two bedroom apartment or condo, we both are wet behind the ears in regards to townhouses as we have been apartment renters our entire lives. But once again if that idea comes with good recommendations from you all we won't hesitate to consider.

3) Within the next week we are trying to plan a drive to Greensboro to view places we will make appointments for so we won't be signing anything blind, but time is of the essence.

4) We are black people both 31 yrs old that are more homebodies than socialites, so we much more value safety and quietness over being in the midst of all the commotion. However, this is not a deal breaker, as safety, cleanliness, and comfortability of our residence far outweigh living in downtown Greensboro for example. I mention our ethnicity as we both have lived in the Midwest and east coast and have no idea of what's to expect socially from that area. I am not eluding that we expect their to be problems but if there is something to note in regards to this concern we would want to know as it pertains to where we would live.

5) This is my own personal issue but I recently finished my BA in psychology this past August and was wondering what the job market looks like there? I'm not asking for super specifics but for example if people could confirm that NC is "on the rise" as some of my family friends have suggested would be awesome as I am concerned with moving somewhere as an unemployed Floyd.

I know this was long and we appreciate the time you all took to read this, as well as any input in reference to our questions.

Thank you all so much
Mr.& Mrs. Drayce
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,383,394 times
Lots of nice areas in the northwest and west parts of G'boro. Look around Friendly Shopping Center, Grimsley High School and Guilford College.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
View detailed profiles of: