Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM

8 posts, read 32,524 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if you think Greensboro is a good place to retire? I will be living on my pension from the Government (about 3500 a month) and also want to work part time at a nice private, Semi-Private or resort golf course. I also want to be within 10-15 minutes of a large mall (200 + stores) and looking for a house in the range of 175-200K with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, nice yard in good subdivisions.

Am I asking for too much in Greensboro?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 12:53 PM

628 posts, read 2,070,431 times
The cost of living is pretty low in Greensboro.
For houses, I would check out Reedy Fork Ranch.
Reedy Fork Ranch | Room To Roam

Old 06-16-2008, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 15,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postit55 View Post
I would like to know if you think Greensboro is a good place to retire? I will be living on my pension from the Government (about 3500 a month) and also want to work part time at a nice private, Semi-Private or resort golf course. I also want to be within 10-15 minutes of a large mall (200 + stores) and looking for a house in the range of 175-200K with 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, nice yard in good subdivisions.

Am I asking for too much in Greensboro?
Greensboro is great for some, has a very well deserved nickname of Greensboring for others. Depends on what you like to do. I have been here 15 years and find it to be lacking in what I am after. Since you didn't say what your interest are other than working at a resort it is hard to offer any advice. There are no golf resorts here unless one considers Grandover a resort.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:07 AM

549 posts, read 1,741,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsmith View Post
Greensboro is great for some, has a very well deserved nickname of Greensboring for others. Depends on what you like to do. I have been here 15 years and find it to be lacking in what I am after. Since you didn't say what your interest are other than working at a resort it is hard to offer any advice. There are no golf resorts here unless one considers Grandover a resort.
Grandover is a technically a resort, but in reality it is more of a conference center. There are plenty of private courses in the area. Sedgefield and Forest Oaks have each hosted PGA events.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:54 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsmith View Post
One of the great things about Greensboro is that the cost of living is lower here than in Raleigh or Charlotte, but you are only 1.5 hours from each of them. if you can't find something to do in Greensboring, perhaps a quick visit to our larger brethren is in order. What are you looking for that Our Boro doesn't have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point