Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 10:54 PM

821 posts, read 1,462,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
Crime in Greensboro is, like you stated, is largely confined to certain areas. I'd say there is a larger amount of area in Greensboro than many cities that have high crime but there are plenty of safer areas as well. Western Greensboro and Northern Greensboro are generally your best bets. Eastern Greensboro is largely rough.
Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 06:00 AM

I guess I should add - I'm looking at the Jamestown and Grandover areas. The realtor I've contacted assures me both are very safe areas, but am curious if anyone has any thoughts? I don't want to live in a community of arrogance, but I do want to live somewhere safe and where neighbors are respectful of each other (been there, done it, not ever again ).

Old 07-13-2022, 06:57 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,053,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
I guess I should add - I'm looking at the Jamestown and Grandover areas. The realtor I've contacted assures me both are very safe areas, but am curious if anyone has any thoughts? I don't want to live in a community of arrogance, but I do want to live somewhere safe and where neighbors are respectful of each other (been there, done it, not ever again ).
We first moved to the area 6 years ago today and we looked at the Adams Farm apartments and later at a house or two in the area (which is close to where you're looking). The area is pretty decent and Grandover is a good area as far as I know. We ended up renting in the Palladium area before buying a few minutes away in the same Northern High Point area. HP gets a bad reputation and some areas do earn that reputation... but that's more in Southern HP and the northern side is mostly pretty nice.

What I will say is that the area turns pretty quickly as you cross 73 towards Greensboro on Gate City. But by the Publix and all that and into Jamestown is pretty good.

Old 07-13-2022, 10:48 PM

Quote:
We first moved to the area 6 years ago today and we looked at the Adams Farm apartments and later at a house or two in the area (which is close to where you're looking). The area is pretty decent and Grandover is a good area as far as I know. We ended up renting in the Palladium area before buying a few minutes away in the same Northern High Point area. HP gets a bad reputation and some areas do earn that reputation... but that's more in Southern HP and the northern side is mostly pretty nice.

What I will say is that the area turns pretty quickly as you cross 73 towards Greensboro on Gate City. But by the Publix and all that and into Jamestown is pretty good.
Thanks! I'm considering renting - seems like the intelligent decision, just not sure I want to be a renter again!

Old 07-14-2022, 07:17 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,053,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest12 View Post
Thanks! I'm considering renting - seems like the intelligent decision, just not sure I want to be a renter again!
I know Jamestown/Grandover has a lot of strong looking options. They tend not to be cheap though. But they're new and new is pretty much never cheap.

Old 07-14-2022, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I know Jamestown/Grandover has a lot of strong looking options. They tend not to be cheap though. But they're new and new is pretty much never cheap.
Thanks!

Old 07-15-2022, 06:53 PM

676 posts, read 493,155 times
On my way back from High Point this afternoon, I stopped by the Publix at Grandover and rode back up Gate City to Greensboro. Right behind Publix there are some newish luxury townhomes(?)... the Villas at Sedgefield is about a block north of publix on Gate City (nevermind, I checked its page and its all sold out). There is a new apartment complex on Gate City right before the I-73 Interchange called the Retreat at Sedgefield. Might be worth checking out if interested in apartment living.

That area is nowhere near walkable, but it is close to a number of restaurants, grocery stores, banks, etc.

Old 07-15-2022, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLT View Post
On my way back from High Point this afternoon, I stopped by the Publix at Grandover and rode back up Gate City to Greensboro. Right behind Publix there are some newish luxury townhomes(?)... the Villas at Sedgefield is about a block north of publix on Gate City (nevermind, I checked its page and its all sold out). There is a new apartment complex on Gate City right before the I-73 Interchange called the Retreat at Sedgefield. Might be worth checking out if interested in apartment living.

That area is nowhere near walkable, but it is close to a number of restaurants, grocery stores, banks, etc.
Thanks! I cringe at apartments again, but it probably makes the most sense for a trial run in a new city. Good to know about the walkability, as well.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:10 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,424,588 times
I would want to be closer in, but that's just me.

My niece lives at New Garden Square. She likes it. It's in walking distance to several grocery stores and Target. It's surrounded by trees which is nice.

Old 07-16-2022, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
I would want to be closer in, but that's just me.

My niece lives at New Garden Square. She likes it. It's in walking distance to several grocery stores and Target. It's surrounded by trees which is nice.
Thanks - one of the realtors I spoke with mentioned that, but it looked like Target was only 4 miles away (yes, my life revolves a little too much around Target). Maybe I need to re-look that....thanks for the info on New Garden Square, will check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point