Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 10:54 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,052,422 times

Advertisements

It looks likes Texas-based Whataburger will be making its entrance into NC. They appear to be starting with Charlotte, quickly followed by Greensboro and Fayetteville. It seems anticipated that Raleigh won't be far behind. I've never been to one but they seem to be talked about by Texans in the fond light Buc-ee's is. Anyone familiar with Whataburger?

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...285198987.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2024, 08:31 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
Yes. I went to Texas back in 2001 and had my first and only What A Burger! Seems very popular up there but to me from what I can remember, it was like a Hardee's... Don't remember much about it . Will be nice to get another fast food chain thou and hopefully some great customer service with it.. something the fast food restaurants around here needs especially the Bojangles and Arbys and any fast food place on Pisgah Church!

Last edited by chadfromnc_2000; 02-09-2024 at 08:48 AM..

Old 02-09-2024, 11:29 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Whataburger is... fine. Nothing special. Don't tell Texans. They'll throw things at you for saying this.

Old 02-09-2024, 12:11 PM

2,411 posts, read 2,692,857 times
Junk food / heart attack maker equivalent to Hardee's or Jack in the Box on quality. Texans are obsessed with all things Texas though.

Old 02-16-2024, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT4 View Post
Junk food / heart attack maker equivalent to Hardee's or Jack in the Box on quality. Texans are obsessed with all things Texas though.
Very true about Texas things. I'll try the place out if it's convenient. But I don't anticipate going out of my way to go to one. It looks like one is by Four Seasons Mall (an area I hit maybe 2-3 times a year) and it looks like they're also taking over the old Steak and Shake on Wendover (that one I might hit up as I'm that way considerably more often).

Speaking of Jack in The Box, I had the "pleasure" of trying one in Charlotte a few months ago. Boy, talk about poorly managed. I was excited to see all the options available outside of just your standard burger. Unfortunately, everything we asked for "sorry, we're out of that". Tacos? Sorry. Salad? Sorry. Chicken? Yeah, we're out of that. What do you have? "Burgers". No mozzarella sticks, no shakes, NOTHING BUT BURGERS AND FRIES. Literally the Wendy's across the street had a more diverse menu which is where we drove to after. I don't know if it was one really bad location... but let's just say I won't be going back when I'm in Charlotte next.

Old 02-20-2024, 08:09 AM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
How about the PDQ in Winston?

Old 02-21-2024, 05:21 AM

385 posts, read 288,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
How about the PDQ in Winston?

I have eaten there twice a year or two ago. I remember they had some amazing chicken tenders but since I live in Greensboro ,wouldn't make a drive to Winston just to eat there. To me there's a lot more better places to eat in Winston that are non chains. However if Greensboro ever got a PDQ and I wanted fast food then I would definitely go there! Side note... I ate a City BBQ the other night. I honestly couldn't believe how expensive their prices got .. 12 bucks for just a sandwhich and no sides or drink

Old 02-21-2024, 07:18 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,381,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadfromnc_2000 View Post
I have eaten there twice a year or two ago. I remember they had some amazing chicken tenders but since I live in Greensboro ,wouldn't make a drive to Winston just to eat there. To me there's a lot more better places to eat in Winston that are non chains. However if Greensboro ever got a PDQ and I wanted fast food then I would definitely go there! Side note... I ate a City BBQ the other night. I honestly couldn't believe how expensive their prices got .. 12 bucks for just a sandwhich and no sides or drink
This was a reference to the fact that the Winston PDQ (on Stratford) is closing, and will be replaced by a Whataburger.

Old 02-21-2024, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Yeah. I wanted to like City BBQ, but they're city prices. I prefer Country BBQ... better prices and frankly better BBQ.

Old 03-12-2024, 07:21 AM

5,160 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Yes. I went to Texas back in 2001 and had my first and only What A Burger! Seems very popular up there but to me from what I can remember, it was like a Hardee's... Don't remember much about it . Will be nice to get another fast food chain thou and hopefully some great customer service with it.. something the fast food restaurants around here needs especially the Bojangles and Arbys and any fast food place on Pisgah Church!
I say bring a Roy Rogers back to Greensboro. It was their last holdout in NC before being forced to convert to Hardee's and eventually close. Famous fried chicken, good quality roast beef, sliced fresh, much better than Arby's, and good burgers with the fixins bar. Nearest locations now are Northern Virginia and western Maryland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point