Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 12:41 PM

7 posts, read 10,712 times

Advertisements

I've read alot of the threads about the job market in the Charlotte area. I really like both areas, is the job market the same in Greensboro too? I'm an admin.assis. in medical area making 43K a yr. Would it be impossible to come close? please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2008, 12:58 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,872,540 times
Even with the shake-ups going on in the banking industry, Charlotte still comes out on top in terms of the local economy. Do some job searches; you may find something that comes close in Greensboro, but I'm betting you'd have a better go of it in Charlotte.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:58 PM

109 posts, read 389,302 times
The major medical centers are in Winston-Salem not Greensboro. I would say Charlotte would have more opportuities than Greensboro. If you want to live in Greensboro, check out Moses Cone or Wesley Long; however like I said the major medical facilites are in Winston-Salem which is only 30 minutes from Greensboro.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:41 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,555,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabeNCGirl View Post
I've read alot of the threads about the job market in the Charlotte area. I really like both areas, is the job market the same in Greensboro too? I'm an admin.assis. in medical area making 43K a yr. Would it be impossible to come close? please help.
Depending on your experience...you could easily make that in Charlotte. Don't think it would be as easy to make that much in Greensboro...but it is also cheaper to live in Greensboro...so would probably even out.

Depends on what you want in a city...better shopping, better nightlife...etc.

Visit both and see what fits your needs. I would not move to either one without a job though. Good Luck!

Greensboro has about 250,000 in the city and Charlotte has about 700,000...so it is hard to compare.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the 7 oh 4 View Post
Greensboro has about 250,000 in the city and Charlotte has about 700,000...so it is hard to compare.
257,000 now Greensboro annexed about 10,000 people

But money wise, you may do better with hospitals in Winston-Salem. Wake Forest Baptist/Forsyth probabally ranks right after Duke/Carolina in the state.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:33 AM

525 posts, read 2,123,552 times
If you move to Kernersville, then you will be within 20 mins of Winston-Salem, High Point, and Greensboro, which would open your job opportunities up quite a bit. All 3 cities together would have as many opportunities as Charlotte with much cheaper housing, either buying or renting.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:25 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Greensboro is WAY underated!!! Charlotte and Raleigh gets all of the attention when Greensboro's Metro is about the same as Charlotte and Raleigh. I live in Charlotte and went to school at NC A&T. I would say that the Triad can easily be combared to the Triangle when it comes to size. Now job opportunity is another story. I say go where your job opportunity comes from. If it is Charlotte then go to Charlotte. If it comes from the Triad, then I say go to the Triad. Like "the 704" said, it depends on what you are looking for. Charlotte leads the state in "big city" feel so I would suggest Charlotte if "big city" is what you want. If you don't care about "big city", then I would keep my mind open to the Triangle and Triad!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:39 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
I agree. The Triad and Triangle are almost equal in size with the last census showed the Triad having a bigger population. Only recently the Triangle took a slight lead in population. Im not sure why people view the Triangle as a much bigger metro. But both Greensboro and Raleigh have a long way to go before they have the big city feel that Charlotte has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point