Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 01:17 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,580,132 times

Advertisements

Remember this scene in the movie Hellraiser III?

YouTube - Hellraiser III-Joey Gets Chased By The Cenobites

Interestring fact: the scene was shot with Pinhead in downtown Greensboro on Elm Street. You can see "The Elm Street Cafe", the old National Theater (currently the N Club) and at the end of the scene a police car gets blown up at the intersection of Elm and Market Street at the corner of the Jefferson Standard Building.

1 Children of the Corn II was filmed in Liberty, NC south of Greensboro

2 Cabin Fever was shot in various locations around the Triad including Mocksville, Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High point

3 part of the movie Eddie starring Whoppi Goldberg was filmed in the LJVM Coliseum in Winston-Salem. The LJVM Coliseum was dressed up as the Charlotte Coliseum while the Charlotte Coliseum was dressed up as Madison Square Garden in the movie.

4 National Lampoon's Pucked starring Jon Bon Jovi was filmed in the downtown area of Greensboro.

5 Leatherheads starring George Clooney was filmed in Greensboro and Winston-Salem.

6 scenes in Bull Durham starring Kevin Costner were filmed in Greensboro (Beef Burger, and War Memorial Stadium)

7 Junebug filmed in Winston-Salem

8 The Gravedancers filmed in Greensboro

Last edited by gsoboi; 06-13-2008 at 01:29 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 02:12 PM

628 posts, read 2,069,501 times
Wow! I forgot about that...a friend on mine was in Hellraiser III, he had a small speaking role that got cut. But he is still in the movie. The scene was in a bar in greensboro, can't remember which one. Good memories.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,029,761 times
A current release: Lost Stallions: The Journey Home (2008)

Actually, if you know of a movie filmed in an area, then click on the link for that location in IMDB, it will generally provide a list of movies using that location

Titles with locations including<br>Winston-Salem, North Carolina, USA

Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM

26 posts, read 138,578 times
I remember Richard Pryor in High Point Regional Hospital filming the movie "Critical Condition". I remember them renovating the hospital after that..

"Hellraiser III" was filmed mostly in the Market Square Building. The bar scenes, dinning scenes, concert scenes, running, climbing up stairs, death scene, and several other parts of the movie was shot in the building. I remember delivering pizzas to the set and actual seeing the set. The time the movie was being shot it was being managed by the Froelics whose son (Sam) was one of the producers for the movie "Cabin Fever":

( http://books.google.com/books?id=w25yDt1v9XkC&pg=PA99&dq=who+produced+cabi n+fever+movie]Roger[/url] Ebert's Movie Yearbook 2006 - Google Book Search).

The Boiler Room is still open only during market, and is managed by the owners of Gianno's of High Point.

Here is the link that had a pretty good list of movies shot around this area:

[=http://books.google.com/books?id=TYd7yBOPKiQC&pg=PA234&lpg=PA234&dq=hellra iser+3+filmed+at+market+square&source=bl&ots=JY1oZ G-TlF&sig=2nBZCpVBg3OXIDGjtFZPUSCAQG0&hl=en&ei=Tq-XSeKgKJeQyQXIhcmQCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&c t=result]Film Junkie's Guide to North Carolina - Google Book Search]

Old 02-19-2009, 10:23 AM

525 posts, read 2,122,692 times
My friend Eric Willhelm played the Cenobyte CD Head in the film Hellraiser 3 but never got credit- he had to cajole, threaten and then finally sue to get on IMDB. Working on that film was a pain, lemme tell ya. Blocking off downtown was easy back then, though, because there was nothing open after 5pm. I think I still have my shirt I got for working on it.

The Jon Bon Jovi film filmed in Lexington too- my hometown.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM

1 posts, read 17,498 times
Does anyone have any additional information about the location sites for the filming of Hellraiser 3? Any places designated as site for visiting? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point