Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM

2 posts, read 3,617 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
This is my first time here and I am probably asking a stupid question to start with but I intend visiting N.C. from Australia with my base in Greensboro.
I would like to get to Little Switzerland (a bit further up than Boone?) in the Blue Ridge Mountains, but I do not want to drive myself. (rental car)
and would rather try and get a bus (public transport?) and so my question is this:
Does anyone know of any transport system that can get me there and back?

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried other means to attempt to get this information but without any luck.

Thanks in advance.

An Aussie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 07:16 PM

273 posts, read 951,216 times
I'm not sure about a tour bus to Little Switzerland, to be honest, there's really not much there. It is a beautiful drive on a 2 lane highway up the mountain and is right along the blue ridge parkway. You may have better luck if you look for blue ridge tours from Boone or Asheville.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:47 PM

61 posts, read 165,663 times
The regional bus system PART has a route from Greensboro's GTA downtown transfer station to Boone. I don't know how you would get from there to Little Switzerland, but that would at least get you to Boone.

Fare is only $10. Welcome to PART

Old 03-17-2010, 01:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,575,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCBarrister View Post
The regional bus system PART has a rsoute from Greensboro's GTA downtown transfer station to Boone. I don't know how you would get from there to Little Switzerland, but that would at least get you to Boone.

Fare is only $10. Welcome to PART
holy cow Little Switzerland on the southern side of the Appalachian
Boone on the north Your better checking to see if a tour bus leaves
Asheville

Old 03-17-2010, 10:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,850 times
Default Little Switzerland, NC

Hi--I live in Little Switzerland and have a google alert when our little town comes up as key words.

I cannot answer your question about alternate transportation but do want to urge you to put us on your itinerary. We are having our Centennial Celebration June 4-20 with various events and I think you would enjoy it. The majority of the activities are the weekend of 19 June.

If I may suggest:

littleswitzerlandcafe.com
littleswitzerlandcentennial.com

These are a good beginning. I am a full time resident and just love it here. If I can answer any questions please contact me at: jillsdaisy@gmail.com

judy knight

Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 3,617 times
Thanks to akwebb 81 -NCBarrister - SunnyKayak and Electrajune for input and replies.
I have visited Little Switzerland from Australia twice before but was driven from Greensboro to there both times. This time I would have to make my own way to Little Switzerland.

Thanks to Judy (Electrajune) for your invitation - I will most certainly look you up when there.

Thanks again guy's and gal's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point