Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,169 times

Advertisements

My son will be 4 in August and he is borderline austic. The school system told us that he will be placed at Griffith Elementry for the 4 year old pre-k program. Is this a good idea? Has anyone had any experience at this school? My husband and I just want what is best for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 11:45 AM

3 posts, read 5,632 times
I don't live in this area (although am looking to). You said that the district is "placing" him at this school...is this a different school from where he would normally attend based on your address? If so, this probably means it is a specialized program or where they "lump" together kids with greater need in order address them effectively, however you need to find out! Does he have an IEP in place?

I will tell you from my experience, my son is now going into 5th grade and Autistic, your job will be to constantly monitor the school and the district to make sure they are serving your son appropriately. There is no 1 special program that works for every kid, not every teacher of special needs really knows what they're doing and not every district wants to accomodate every child in the way they need. It's a full time job and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Ask questions, do your research and understand your's and your child's rights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point