Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 03:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,624 times

Advertisements

We are an interfaith, interracial couple that recently relocated to Greenville from New York. We live off Haywood Road in a very busy subdivision/area where we are finding it difficult to really meet people and connect with other couples. We have connected with a few people through our jobs. However, we would like to branch out on our own to make connections outside of work. In New York, we were deeply connected to our church that was a medium sized, community based multicultural church focused on current and relevant bible based teaching. The atmosphere was relaxed but nonthreatening. Starbucks was available in the lobby and everyone from trendy hipsters to conservative old ladies found it welcoming. Our old church was filled with good Christian centered individuals that truly embraced the principles of acceptance/diversity, fellowship, and service to God and community. All that said, we would like to find a church that could provide us with a similar experience here. We do not have young children, so finding a church with a children's program is not essential. However, we would like to find a church that is welcoming. We have attended RWOC and did not find that to be for us. All help and advice is much appreciated to help us find a good fitting church home so that we can truly feel at "home" here. We have heard things about Springwell, New Spring, and a few others but would like to know if other options are out there that we may not have heard about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 07:09 AM

306 posts, read 689,605 times
Marathon!!!!! There are several in the area.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:07 AM

145 posts, read 356,546 times
We are in the same situation, I'm subscribing to this thread.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:44 PM

145 posts, read 356,546 times
We aren't actually in Sc yet, but will be next week !!

Old 07-11-2010, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,531 times
My husband and I have both grown up in Greenville Mauldin area. We are a mixed couple with a 5 month old daughter. We are having a hard time trying to find a church we both are comfortable in. We have tried Brookwood in simpsonville its just soo big its hard to get to know people. We are looking for a church with a mixed congregation of all ages and races with a nursery. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE PLEASE let me know

Old 07-11-2010, 04:06 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
We moved here about 3.5 years ago. We came from a pretty well known church in Los Angeles, The Church On The Way. For our first year we couldn't find a church that seemed to "fit" and then one day my husband literally said, "what about that church" to a nondescript church on the side of the road that we passed about 8 times a week and never even thought of. Needless to say, we've been members for almost 2 years and it's the best church we've ever attended; great worship, Biblical truth without compromise, warm friendly congregation and pastoral staff, and a wide range of people, we're a mixed marriage and there are several families like us here. Come check us out:

Church Greer SC | Christian Heritage Church Greer

I forgot to add, we tried all of the big name "seeker friendly" churches that have been named in this thread, except for Springwell and Marathon. Also, we have a 2.5 year old little girl and our church is teeming with cute little kids of all shapes sizes and colors that learn about Gods love at a young age. A side bonus, we have one family that owns their own gourmet bakery so on the Wed. evening service they always bring some tasty treat for everyone, along with coffee, lots of coffee. lol

Old 07-23-2010, 01:19 AM

12 posts, read 53,124 times
I'm not sure of their doctrinal beliefs (you'll have to compare that to the Bible yourself, as you should with any church ), but a family member attends Kaleidoscope Multi-Ethnic Fellowship in Spartanburg. She really enjoys the wide range of races and nationalities represented, with many couples of differing races attending...I can't get in touch with her right now to get more detailed info, but...

Here is a little background on them : South Carolina’s ‘most international county’ to launch multiethnic church

I found this contact info, too; I believe Derrick is the pastor...

Spartanburg County Baptist Network: Language Missions News: Prayer requests "Multi-Ethnic Fellowship now meeting. If you would like to be a part of this fellowship or learn more about us, call Derrick at 864-706-0302."

It's most important to find a church that preaches the gospel; hopefully you can find one that does that and is welcoming 'racially.' When I encountered that for the first time in another state, I was so pleased - it really seemed more representative of what God's kingdom will be like!

Here is a directory of fundamental Baptist churches that I've found helpful, personally: Church Directory

Old 07-23-2010, 07:42 AM

370 posts, read 947,474 times
I would also second the recommendation of Christian Heritage in Greer.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:44 PM

15 posts, read 41,405 times
The Well Community Church:

http://www.thewell.tv/

Last edited by SouthernDiva; 07-23-2010 at 02:57 PM..

Old 07-25-2010, 09:41 AM

607 posts, read 1,402,601 times
You may want to try Crossroads Community Church on Holland Rd. in Simpsonville. They do have a website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area