Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 05:14 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,542,634 times

Advertisements

Thought it was about time for a new Southwest threat, esp. since the Greenville News has published a list of cities SW could fly to from GSP: Boston, Denver among cities Southwest may serve from Upstate | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News (Sorry, but GreenvilleOnline now has a subscription policy-can't find any other news stories on this yet.)

The anchor on WYFF4's morning news mentioned Denver, Las Vegas, Boston, Baltimore & Nashville as probable destinations. Bear in mind, the actual schedules haven't been released yet, so this is "subject to change". The gist is mainly that SW is currently working on finalizing where they will fly to from GSP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 09:55 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,661,356 times
How much will the fare be? $75 each way?

Old 08-05-2010, 10:34 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Thought it was about time for a new Southwest threat, esp. since the Greenville News has published a list of cities SW could fly to from GSP: Boston, Denver among cities Southwest may serve from Upstate | greenvilleonline.com | The Greenville News (Sorry, but GreenvilleOnline now has a subscription policy-can't find any other news stories on this yet.)

The anchor on WYFF4's morning news mentioned Denver, Las Vegas, Boston, Baltimore & Nashville as probable destinations. Bear in mind, the actual schedules haven't been released yet, so this is "subject to change". The gist is mainly that SW is currently working on finalizing where they will fly to from GSP.
A Southwest threat? lol

Old 08-05-2010, 10:39 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,784,346 times
August 17th announcement if Southwest starts service before March 11th. If after that date, October announcement instead.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
A Southwest threat? lol
Well, just PARDON my typo! :embarrassed:

Old 08-06-2010, 08:06 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,101 times
I agree with all except Boston. Why would they fly direct to Boston and overfly Baltimore (a "hub" for them)?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:40 AM

13 posts, read 17,400 times
Just a quick update on service to GSP. We are experiencing record load factors for this year. Its been a very busy year. Its rumored that initial start up service for GSP will be in March/April of 2011. Southwest does not use the typical HUB system for routing flights. Our flights are point to point with some cities used as major transfer points. GSP initial service will likely employ the use of such transfer points as Baltimore/BWI, Nashville/BNA, Orlando/MCO, Chicago/MDW and Houston/HOU.

I know for many in the GSP area service cannot begin soon enough. Trust me many here at Southwest have that same anticipation. I would bet service will start sometime in the Spring of 2011. Whenever I get word of some new news for GSP, I will try to keep y'all updated.

Scott
Ground Operations WN
MSY/SMF/RDU/MSY

Old 08-09-2010, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smfrivercat View Post
Just a quick update on service to GSP. We are experiencing record load factors for this year. Its been a very busy year. Its rumored that initial start up service for GSP will be in March/April of 2011. Southwest does not use the typical HUB system for routing flights. Our flights are point to point with some cities used as major transfer points. GSP initial service will likely employ the use of such transfer points as Baltimore/BWI, Nashville/BNA, Orlando/MCO, Chicago/MDW and Houston/HOU.

I know for many in the GSP area service cannot begin soon enough. Trust me many here at Southwest have that same anticipation. I would bet service will start sometime in the Spring of 2011. Whenever I get word of some new news for GSP, I will try to keep y'all updated.

Scott
Ground Operations WN
MSY/SMF/RDU/MSY
Thanks!

Old 08-09-2010, 06:55 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfrivercat View Post

Scott
Ground Operations WN
MSY/SMF/RDU/MSY
Thanks because I have had it with Useless Air. Had to drive to Columbia last week to catch a flight to Charlotte to get to Dayton Ohio - BECAUSE - flying out of GSP (or Charlotte on the exact same flight) would have cost me an extra $450.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:05 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Thanks because I have had it with Useless Air. Had to drive to Columbia last week to catch a flight to Charlotte to get to Dayton Ohio - BECAUSE - flying out of GSP (or Charlotte on the exact same flight) would have cost me an extra $450.
Just curious, why didn't you just drive to Charlotte?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area