Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2010, 07:20 AM

3 posts, read 20,123 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am new to the Spartanburg area, and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a nice restaurant or Hotel open for Christmas dinner/buffet? Even in Greenville? It's just my father, two kids and I.
I have found that eating out is so much easier (and a great excuse to get all dressed up) when you have small children...No distractions while cooking, no having to figure out how to use or work the new Christmas toys and gadgets while making dinner, no mess or dishes to clean-up, etc. All the toys and gifts are opened that morning, and the ones that need time to figure out, program, charge, put together- can all be done when we get home from dinner. I like to have Christmas dinner around 1-2pm. Last year, we went to a real nice Hotel in Greenville- not far from the zoo. I just cannot remember the name of it. It took me a while to find it (a place open on Christmas) and we enjoyed our meal there. Even though it was kind of expensive. Adults were $27 a plate (buffet) and children were $13.99. But it was worth it, and I'd do it again....if I could only remember the name! Please let me know if you are aware of any nice places open for Christmas. Thanks so much! Happy Holidays!

Last edited by MissJenifer; 11-09-2010 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2010, 07:53 AM

177 posts, read 470,681 times
I don't go out for dinner on Christmas but this may be a good place for you to start.
Savor South Carolina - South Carolina Restaurants Open On Christmas

There are 3 restaurants in the upstate listed.

Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 AM

Actually the only one there that prove to be good is the restaurant in the Westin called Spoonbread. Here is there Thanksgiving menu
http://www.westinpoinsettgreenville....givingMenu.pdf

Old 11-09-2010, 08:04 AM

one more place to look.
Christmas Dinner Out In Upstate Sc - Scour Search

Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,376,936 times
That first website is obviously out of date. 221 Ultra Lounge was closed (and was replaced) several months ago. I'd contact the Marriott hotels in both Greenville and Spartanburg for starters. I know the restaurant (Giatu) at the hotel in Greenville is quite nice. Other places to contact include the Hilton, the Westin Poinsett (Spoonbread Restaurant), the Hyatt Regency, and Embassy Suites, each located in Greenville.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:24 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,543,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
That first website is obviously out of date. 221 Ultra Lounge was closed (and was replaced) several months ago. I'd contact the Marriott hotels in both Greenville and Spartanburg for starters. I know the restaurant (Giatu) at the hotel in Greenville is quite nice. Other places to contact include the Hilton, the Westin Poinsett (Spoonbread Restaurant), the Hyatt Regency, and Embassy Suites, each located in Greenville.
From personal experience, I think the Hilton does a great holiday spread (I believe we did Thanksgiving though), and the Embassy Suites ALWAYS has a good Sunday brunch buffet, and it's even better on holidays.

Old 11-09-2010, 12:38 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
From personal experience, I think the Hilton does a great holiday spread (I believe we did Thanksgiving though), and the Embassy Suites ALWAYS has a good Sunday brunch buffet, and it's even better on holidays.
I second the Embassy Suites brunch.

Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM

3 posts, read 20,123 times
Thanks so much for your help everyone! I've made reservations at the Hilton

Old 12-16-2011, 02:19 PM

9 posts, read 19,822 times
Default Bump for 2011

Any ideas for this year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area