Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 04:30 PM

5 posts, read 22,019 times

Advertisements

Ok.. I know there have been alot of posts about this topic but I wanted to see if anyone had any insight as to all the subdivisions in the Simpsonville area.
My husband and I are moving from Ohio (I know who isn't?) in the next couple months and are on the search for a home asap. We want a 3+bdrm/2+ba single family home with a private backward that backs up to TREES! I am a nature lover and "need" the trees We would prefer the neighborhood to have at least a pool and street lights as I know sidewalks are rare in SC. We do not want to spend more the $140,000 and it seems that the neighborhoods we have looked into in this price range are not well taken care of and have homes on top of homes. We do not care if its new/old construction- just nothing older than 10 yrs. Seems I have champangne taste on a beer budget
Any wisdom/subdivisions you think would be a fit would be more than appreciated!!
There are some we have already ruled out:
Revis Falls
Baywood Place
Dunwoody Oaks
Carrington
Standing Springs Estates
Thanks in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 06:46 PM

548 posts, read 1,979,530 times
You'll have a tough time with all you want but here is a listing of Simpsonville under $150,000 Journal Homes Report : Search Results : Greenville, SC Real Estate.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:14 PM

3,631 posts, read 14,549,285 times
If you find anything like that let me know - most of what I am seeing is that you can get such a home that is 15 or so years old for about 180K, with a decent lot in nice area - I agree Simpsonville seems worse than most about piling houses on top of houses -- right now I live in a neighborhood south of charlotte [Ryan homes] with a qurter acre lot that backs up to interior woods and we have lots of trees and walking trails but you don't see as much here.

Options for backing up to woods are good if you can find a lot near a stream but I would not back up to woods unless I knew what woods they were and how they might develop [eg. common area for subdivision ok, floodplain ok, developable land not ok]

Old 06-23-2008, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the info as far as the wooded lots go. There seems to be more to consider other than just wanting trees If you know of any particular subdivisions that would meet the bill for us, I would appreciate knowing those.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,409 times
You may have to get outside of Simpsonville in one of the neighboring communities. It can be done without going too far. I live in the Greenville Co. portion of Piedmont (west of Simpsonville) and cannot see my backyard neighbors for the trees (Deep lots to a small creek).

Garrison Woods and there are others in this area

Old 06-23-2008, 08:56 PM

642 posts, read 2,088,059 times
you might want too try looking in too Piedmont,pelzer,Moonville,Belton They are all not that far from simpsonville.

Old 06-24-2008, 05:10 PM

Arrow Laurel Meadows

Anybody know about the subdivision called Laurel Meadows in Simpsonville/Greenville? If so, can you give me any insight?

Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 PM

8 posts, read 27,737 times
This is going to be a little difficult. If you are willing to come up in price or buy a home that is a little older you may have more options.

Greenville is awesome! Enjoy your visit.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,325 times
There is a small subdivision (about 100 houses) named Ambergate that may fit the bill. The houses are a little older that you are looking for, about 15 yrs old. It's well kept and in much better shape that the ones you listed like Standing Springs Estates. We sold our house there in March b/c we needed more space. The average price range is around $130k. They average time on the market to sell a house in Ambergate when I sold mine was 21 days. My house sold in 6 days . They sell fast b/c you just can't find anything better for the price in Simpsonville. It's a great little subdivision & I miss my old neigbors .

Edit: I also had great trees in my back yard and now I don't. I really really miss having them.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:42 AM

39 posts, read 117,749 times
Default Here is another SUbdivision in Simpsonvilel to consider

Hi ALL
Some may remember we looked and bought in Holly Tree. It is an older subdivision between adams mill and hwy 14 in Simpsonville. Nice older homes, very well built with things you do not see too often today. The one we got satisfied all our needs, it is larger(2800Sq ft) with master on main and master upstairs( great for us since we have elderly parents with us).
Nice private, quiet location with mature landscaping. Close to Holly Tree Golf course and we have tennis/swim club.
We love privacy, maturity of homes, location close to five-forks and downtown simpsonville. We are 15 min away from major shopping off Laurens/Haywood and Woodruff rds but far enough away to be secluded.
Great lot layouts(.5 acres or more). Not too many houses up for sale (probably now about 10 or so(my guess) including one not too far from us which went up on thurs.
Good schools, ( most go to mauldin) but close enough to Southside Christian, St Joseph's and Christ Church.
What is nice is there is no opportunity for further development- so it is safe and built up.
People take alot of pride in their homes in this division( have I believe 528 homes total spead out in different parcels along 14 and bethel roads). Prices may range(estimated) from 230's to 290's and most have 4 bedrooms, eat in kitchens, family rooms, 3 full baths, 2 car garages, .4-.6 acres per lot. Room for a pool in many yards(3 neighbors within shouting distance have them)

Anyway, if anyone wants more info on Hollytree, I can send you some info we found.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area