Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2014, 01:38 AM

3 posts, read 11,093 times

Advertisements

I would like to know if anyone on the forum knows wahat the pay for a BMW ESA is? I'll be taking the test soon and would like to know. I'm also interested in the average bonus amount and the night shift pay difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitymom View Post
I hear they treat you like a number and not an individual person. They over work you and make it difficult to take time off. I know this is hard work and aim ready for it, I just do not like being disrespected and over worked beyond a humans expectation. It's been about 2 weeks and waiting for the call for orientation..
For the most part this is true unfortunately. You can view it as somewhat of an initiation so to speak. If you can get past 6 months there is a good chance you can become an full time associate. The work will still be hard, depending where on the line (or department) you work in.

The best thing for you is to try it out and see for yourself. Maybe the work is something you will enjoy. If its not, then this can hold you over until something better comes up somewhere else.

Let us know how things go!

Old 08-25-2014, 09:14 AM

3 posts, read 12,220 times
just an update. i received my letter on July 15th and am still waiting on orientation. a guy on another forum just started this week and received his letter mid June and said it was almost exactly 2 months after the letter till he got the orientation call. so if you are still waiting id love to hear how long or if you get the call make sure you post. it will help everyone out in the long run.

Old 08-25-2014, 02:21 PM

34 posts, read 174,983 times
For those wanting to know your hire date because you received a letter.

There is no definite date! Just know BMW is hiring a lot of people right now because of the new body & paint shop. This along with many other factors I won't address. (Why? Because it changes daily and there are so many!)

Just know that if you didn't utterly fail your physical, you are good when the time comes. It took me 3 years of MAU short comings to get in. (most don't experience this) A glitch? I don't truly know, nor do I care to revisit it. If you passed your production and written test and have no big red flags for hire. You just need to wait for your call, it will come. If your are sure that you don't have any big red flags and time goes bye. (6 months) Then go to the MAU office in !!!PERSON!!! and be respectful and detailed.

If you want a better detailed answer on the MAU hiring process just search this thread for my previous posts on this thread.
My process was probably one of the worst waits, but that's life.
If you do get hired, just remember its a factory with 8K + people. It's a factory job!!!

Best advice if you get in via MAU. Do your job, show up every scheduled day, check your points every 30 days regardless!!!, and above all don't stand out in the wrong way!!!

From what I know, MAU is the best track to become a BMW employee, unless a direct hire.

MAU is not your cheerleader, they are providing a service to BMW. If you don't show up, check yours points, and do your job. Then that's on you! Just remember MAU is not your friend they are the middle man between you and BMW. Always watch the middle man!

Current hiring time frame from my understanding. (which NO ONE KNOWS THE PROCESS!)

IS:

Assembly 6 months +
Body Shop 1 year +
Paint shop 1.5 + years (was 3 Years)

Sorry, but I am a straight shooter!

Good luck to all newcomers!

Sorry for my hack job grammar, it was a time issue!

P.S. Come to work on time! Do your job! Ignore the B.S.! Go home to the ones who count!!!

Get it? Got it? Good!

Best to all!

Nimo1

Old 08-25-2014, 03:01 PM

3 posts, read 12,220 times
Nimo,

How have you liked bmw since you started?? And what all contributes to points besides attendance?? Do you have any info on which department has which schedule layout? Such as 4 days rolling or the 2 days one week and 5 the next?

Old 08-26-2014, 12:35 AM

3 posts, read 11,093 times
Folks My BMW ESA test is coming up in less than a month and i would like to know what the hourly wage is ahead of time. I'm also interested in the average bonus amount. as well as the night shift amount. also does anyone know the paint shop schedule.

Old 08-29-2014, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 13,030 times
We'll I hope I hear soon , a recent post stated 6 months plus. I received a letter a month ago. I hope that person keeps us updated on orientation and his first day. I wish everyone the best.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:18 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
ZF is a better place to work than BMW. For instance, you don't have to wait anywhere near six months to find out if you were hired or not. I sure as heck didn't. Also, there's a lot better chance of being direct hire then having to be a temp. I was put on as direct hire straight from the get go. Just sayin.

Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 PM

8 posts, read 22,663 times
Anyone apply from out of state and get hired? Not expecting them to fly me out for an interview or anything, but would be nice to get one lined up and coincide with visiting. Not necessarily looking to make production as my career, but certainly a good way to have a job before moving to greenville.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:05 PM

7 posts, read 9,260 times
I have an start date, as an ESA, of 22 September, but have been going through medical things with BMW for over a year. I applied from Raleigh NC.

To Bigsweet: ESA pay is very much dependent on experience and qualifications and can run from approx. $20-$30 per hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area