Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 12:22 PM

39 posts, read 117,768 times

Advertisements

Hi ALL
Thanks for having such a great site... has been a help as our family starts the process of packing and moving. Relocating from western burbs of Philly after falling in love with Greenville CITY AND surounding areas(in Greenville CTY and others)
Looking to settle in Greenville Proper, have family living in Gower Estates and loved it.
Looking for a 4-5 bedroom home under 300K within 3-4 miles of eastside of Greenville so was wondering several things
1) have found about 5 realtor sites for homes, anyone know of a good realtor they used in moving to Greenville area?
2) Regarding another thread on Charter Cable, I probably will be allowed to tele-commute to work via onliine web access to company network. What options are there for reliable internet service? Is it Charter and/or SBC? And what price is it for "unbundled" service, strictly internet or possible internet and phone
3) What area(s) would some who are living there now recommend for a family of 3- 2 adults and an ederly parent (and dog)? We do not want to be in a swiftly growing area with lots of kids, that is why we liked the quietness of Gower. We also liked Parkins mill/ Del Norte but realize prices for some areas we liked( as in Chanticleer and Collins Creek) are pretty steep. We are widning down from family raising, too young ot be considered elderly ourselves but will be doing a family care for one parent. We love your one level ranches, something we have few of in my area of PA...
So will start here and thanks everyone in advance for any suggestions

John
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,068 times
Hi John,

You can get Charter for $19.99, $39.99, or $59.99 per month in the Greenville Area (3meg, 5meg, or 10meg). Even the 3meg is 3 times faster than DSL (SBC).

You might want to consider bundling it with your cable and/or phone service. It'll save you a lot of money.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM

73 posts, read 345,317 times
I sent you a PM with the realtor we are using

Old 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,519,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.morgan1013 View Post
Hi John,

You can get Charter for $19.99, $39.99, or $59.99 per month in the Greenville Area (3meg, 5meg, or 10meg). Even the 3meg is 3 times faster than DSL (SBC).

You might want to consider bundling it with your cable and/or phone service. It'll save you a lot of money.
Be careful when your contract expires; the price goes up a lot if you have all 3 services (tv, phone, internet).

Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM

6 posts, read 37,119 times
Default the best realtor i know in the upstate=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontoScfromPA View Post
Looking for a 4-5 bedroom home under 300K within 3-4 miles of eastside of Greenville so was wondering several things
1) have found about 5 realtor sites for homes, anyone know of a good realtor they used in moving to Greenville area?
we used a friend of a friend. he's a really nice guy, very down to earth, honest, and obviously truly wanted to help us find the best place for us. several times, i remember him telling us we should NOT move into certain places just because of the area. it didn't look so bad to us, but he knew alot more about where it is and isn't safe to be. you could really tell, he cared more about doing his job the right way and making sure we were happy than just making his commission. he didn't try to show us a single home that was out of our price range like some of them do. you know, just because you can qualify for a certain amount doesn't mean you can afford it. he really took into consideration our wants and needs. we couldn't be happier! we've actually remained friends since doing business with him because we so enjoyed working with him. check out his site and if you decide to give him a call, i really think you won't be disappointed!
Moderator cut: advertising

Last edited by jimj; 08-23-2007 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: advertising

Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 PM

113 posts, read 461,994 times
Hey Soontosc/pa: I'm currently in the process of also investigating Charter for our new home in Easley,SC. I spoke this afternoon about the numerous options and to get the bundle which is the internet, cable & phone the lady in Customer Service suggested a package that include internet @ 5megs ( you can get as high as 10megs); unlimited phone, and cable TV beyond the basics. She said that package was $119 and change a month. The basic fee for the three was $109 I believe she said. You do realize that Charter is the ONLY company in SC other that Direct TV etc.
Good Luck

Old 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM

6 posts, read 27,696 times
Default Greenville,sc

I was born and raised in greenville. its a great place. being in real estate myself there are many areas you can choose from. I am currently in Tenn and will be for a while. i would recommend sabrina crumpton. she is very knowledgable and works hard for her clients.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:08 PM

6 posts, read 37,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eena View Post
we used a friend of a friend. he's a really nice guy, very down to earth, honest, and obviously truly wanted to help us find the best place for us. several times, i remember him telling us we should NOT move into certain places just because of the area. it didn't look so bad to us, but he knew alot more about where it is and isn't safe to be. you could really tell, he cared more about doing his job the right way and making sure we were happy than just making his commission. he didn't try to show us a single home that was out of our price range like some of them do. you know, just because you can qualify for a certain amount doesn't mean you can afford it. he really took into consideration our wants and needs. we couldn't be happier! we've actually remained friends since doing business with him because we so enjoyed working with him. check out his site and if you decide to give him a call, i really think you won't be disappointed!
Moderator cut: advertising
last time i got in trouble for putting the link on here. so i'll just say exit upstate realty- jamie conway is the best! and if they take that down too, sorry. i don't know how to do links.

Old 10-10-2007, 10:01 AM

548 posts, read 1,979,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontoScfromPA View Post
Hi ALL
Thanks for having such a great site... has been a help as our family starts the process of packing and moving. Relocating from western burbs of Philly after falling in love with Greenville CITY AND surounding areas(in Greenville CTY and others)
Looking to settle in Greenville Proper, have family living in Gower Estates and loved it.
2) Regarding another thread on Charter Cable, I probably will be allowed to tele-commute to work via onliine web access to company network. What options are there for reliable internet service? Is it Charter and/or SBC? And what price is it for "unbundled" service, strictly internet or possible internet and phone
3) What area(s) would some who are living there now recommend for a family of 3- 2 adults and an ederly parent (and dog)? We do not want to be in a swiftly growing area with lots of kids, that is why we liked the quietness of Gower. We also liked Parkins mill/ Del Norte but realize prices for some areas we liked( as in Chanticleer and Collins Creek) are pretty steep. We are widning down from family raising, too young ot be considered elderly ourselves but will be doing a family care for one parent. We love your one level ranches, something we have few of in my area of PA...
So will start here and thanks everyone in advance for any suggestions

John
BellSouth provides internet access in various speeds depending on where you live, they have up to 6Mb up. I prefer BellSouth because they give you a price and stick to it. No 3 month then raise the price. Also, BellSouth does give you a local access number that you can use 9 or maybe it's 10 free hours a month in case your DSL goes down. Charter does not as far as I know. This maybe important if you are telecommuting.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:07 PM

609 posts, read 1,619,527 times
Charter services are going up

they won't be offering anything below $54.99 soon i believe

unless you use retention in your favor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area