Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM

356 posts, read 678,758 times

Advertisements

Over the weekend signs should be coming down, and all accounts change over to Wells Fargo. Wachovia has been constant in the south for as long as I have lived here.. and much longer. How the mighty fell, bad investments brought this southern born giant down. Inn October the last of the North Carolina branches convert and with that the Wachovia logo is gone. Although I welcome Wells Fargo with open arms it's sad to see such a strong brand vanish into history.

Charleston Regional Business Journal | Charleston, SC

http://www.southcarolinasc.com/2011/...chovia-in.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 09:27 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,565,959 times
Best to just get it over with I guess.... Hate to see the really nice, flowing blue & green logos replaced by the red & yellow (gold?) of WF, but I think in the end it will be better for the customers.

Old 09-15-2011, 01:54 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,882,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateBooster View Post
Best to just get it over with I guess.... Hate to see the really nice, flowing blue & green logos replaced by the red & yellow (gold?) of WF, but I think in the end it will be better for the customers.
I bank with Wachovia and will really miss their image. The Wells Fargo "Stagecoach" on my replacement credit cards / debt cards / statements / etc makes me sick. I dislike the Wells Fargo image so much, I'm thinking of changing everything over to TD Bank.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:04 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,205,089 times
Geez, another one bites the dust! I shopped for a bank, found Community South and just a few weeks later it was taken over by the feds and was gone in a poof! Then I was considering Carolina First - and that went away just as quickly, turning in to TD Bank. Now Wachovia. Who's next?

Old 09-15-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Geez, another one bites the dust! I shopped for a bank, found Community South and just a few weeks later it was taken over by the feds and was gone in a poof! Then I was considering Carolina First - and that went away just as quickly, turning in to TD Bank. Now Wachovia. Who's next?
I don't think it will be long before Regions is involved in some merger/acquisition activity (and not on the surviving end).

Old 09-15-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I don't think it will be long before Regions is involved in some merger/acquisition activity (and not on the surviving end).
Any idea how these smaller branch banks are doing in this area? I see some one and two branch banks, or ones with just a handful of branchs around here and wonder how they survive, like Arthur State Bank - never heard of it before moving here.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Any idea how these smaller branch banks are doing in this area? I see some one and two branch banks, or ones with just a handful of branchs around here and wonder how they survive, like Arthur State Bank - never heard of it before moving here.
I'd say they're probably fairly strong. I would imagine their customer bases are very loyal (much like a credit union's), plus smaller banks had less exposure to the poisonous loan procedures, etc that caused the financial downturn and really hurt larger banks. Just MHO...

Old 09-15-2011, 02:47 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,628,316 times
as a customer i will be glad to see the demise of "Walkalloverya." They hold my oldest credit line so i don't want to leave.

i don't like the idea of being with a California based bank, but Wachovia didn't exactly feel "local" to me anyways...

Old 09-15-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I'd say they're probably fairly strong. I would imagine their customer bases are very loyal (much like a credit union's), plus smaller banks had less exposure to the poisonous loan procedures, etc that caused the financial downturn and really hurt larger banks. Just MHO...
Any idea what bank in Greenville County is considered to be the strongest and that has branches in just about all areas of the county? Don't want to change just to have the same thing happen again - Community South was local, voted the best bank 2010, and then they were gone.

Old 09-15-2011, 03:39 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,477,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
I bank with Wachovia and will really miss their image. The Wells Fargo "Stagecoach" on my replacement credit cards / debt cards / statements / etc makes me sick. I dislike the Wells Fargo image so much, I'm thinking of changing everything over to TD Bank.
I also bank with Wachovia, and have had a positive experience. It's funny, because where I live they converted Wachovia to Wells Fargo earlier this year. Interestingly, the replacement ATM card they sent me since then was a Wachovia card.

I'll miss the green and blue logo too. I'll probably stick with Wells Fargo for now since they have a branch two blocks from my apartment. I don't expect the banking experience to be much different compared to Wachovia.

I would consider changing to TD if they were near me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area