Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2017, 08:52 AM

1,947 posts, read 2,759,466 times

Advertisements

Who would want to ride a bike on Woodruff Road! For that matter, who wants to drive a car on Woodruff Road?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 01:39 PM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,644 times
I would like to bike to and on Woodruff Road if it wasn't suicidal to do so. But Butler Rd and Woodruff are near suicidal to bike on.

Old 09-14-2017, 02:23 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,293,306 times
I can't imagine making Woodruff itself bike friendly. I could see taking the planned Swamp Rabbit spur that is supposed to use the old rail line behind Laurens Road and tying that back into roads that intersect with Woodruff to facilitate access. Millenium Blvd already has bike lanes. Lanes could be added to Verdae Blvd and to the new roads that are supposed to tie Verdae into Woodruff Industrial and Green Heron Roads. That would give access to most of the Woodruff Road shopping without the need to put bike lanes on Woodruff, where I think there is too much congestion to make them work safely.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:07 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,650,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
I can't imagine making Woodruff itself bike friendly. I could see taking the planned Swamp Rabbit spur that is supposed to use the old rail line behind Laurens Road and tying that back into roads that intersect with Woodruff to facilitate access. Millenium Blvd already has bike lanes. Lanes could be added to Verdae Blvd and to the new roads that are supposed to tie Verdae into Woodruff Industrial and Green Heron Roads. That would give access to most of the Woodruff Road shopping without the need to put bike lanes on Woodruff, where I think there is too much congestion to make them work safely.
I tend to agree but it would be funny to have people sitting in their cars stuck while a bike trail next the road has people zooming by.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:47 PM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jelloslug View Post
Woodruff Road is not wide enough as it currently stand for bike lanes. Also, spending vast amounts of resources to accommodate the tiniest fraction of people is a waste of money. Almost nobody rides a bike on Woodruff Road.
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but it appears to be a "bike lane" at least from 85 back to 385. Noticed it tonight. Could also see where the old center lines were painted over. Maybe they have been there, or maybe this is for the construction, I don't know.........

Old 09-15-2017, 07:57 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Maybe I just haven't seen it, but it appears to be a "bike lane" at least from 85 back to 385. Noticed it tonight. Could also see where the old center lines were painted over. Maybe they have been there, or maybe this is for the construction, I don't know.........
It's for construction.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:27 PM

826 posts, read 1,126,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
It's for construction.
Yep it's so they put up jersey barriers. They already have some up in front of greenridge. I suspect that whole stretch will have them soon. Could make the holiday shopping season even more interesting.

Old 09-16-2017, 05:48 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,882,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtmike View Post
Yep it's so they put up jersey barriers. They already have some up in front of greenridge. I suspect that whole stretch will have them soon. Could make the holiday shopping season even more interesting.
Noticed those.

Old 09-19-2017, 01:58 PM

7,259 posts, read 4,629,838 times
i385 S traffic exiting to i85 N will be switched over to the new connector tonight.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:20 PM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,176 times
Does anyone with SCDOT and/or I-85/385 Gateway contacts know when I-85 southbound, west of the Pelham Road exit, will be paved? This road is literally crumbling.

Also, does anyone know when/if the smashed/missing/bent green pylons, above the concrete median (also on the same stretch of highway noted above), will be replaced? This is such an embarrassing eyesore (and does nothing to obstruct the view of oncoming traffic).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area