Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 AM

8 posts, read 14,894 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,
The short of it is we are in the process of selling our present home in the Midwest, ( in a 55 and older community) plan to move out to Greenville, SC Area within the next 6 months to a year.
Looking for suggestions and/help with the following: Links are fine... any suggestions, questions etc. just ask away.

Home Size: 2,000 - 3,000 sq. ft. 1/2 acre max. $150,000 - 300,000 (max) range.
NOT in a "55 and older" community unless it really really worked for us. In other words, might consider....

(1) Walking distance to Transit to/from Greenville
(2) Older family member is visually impaired ( para-transit -candidate?)
(3) Looking for a Single family home - established neighborhood Meaning: not a "young-up-and-coming family" cookie-cutter subdivision with kiddie playgrounds, etc. No problems with kids, just want a nice mix of residents.
(4) Prefer HOME with swimming pool (or not)...But I could put a pool in backyard if I wanted to.
(5) A stocked fishing lake within subdivision would be great.
(6) Walking trails.... a nice touch but not really necessary
(7) Walking or short drive to park and or other recreational facilities, would be nice.
(8) Walk or drive to shopping
(9) NO golf course facilities needed ( don't want to pay for what we would not use)
(10) HOA is okay.... depending.... Been there done that.... Looking for my T-shirt!
(11) Bottom Line: Where we live now: NO transit, no real place to go (short drive or walk to) and want to spend our "Golden Years" enjoying ourselves with outdoor activities ( Festivals, farmers' market, etc. fun stuff) and at the same time have a comfortable home/community we can enjoy also... block parties? Community fun? You get the idea. We might be older... but not OLD! :-)

That is all I can think of at the moment... sorry if it was a bit long, but I thought the more information, the better the answers.
Thank You
TEXASLADY

Last edited by Texaslady; 04-20-2013 at 09:41 AM.. Reason: Claify point # (4) added point # (11)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 12:23 PM

807 posts, read 1,785,078 times
You may start looking toward N. Main, Overbrook, (neighborhoods). Cleveland Park area, Parkins Mill, Augusta Rd., these are a few that come to mind immediately. Some you may have to check the transit.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Transit is going to be limited in Greenville. Green Link recently added service to nearby Mauldin and Simpsonville but it is nothing extensive. I'd suggest you take a look at the route maps.Greenlink Transit

Old 04-20-2013, 10:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Greenville has a great hospital also. AND YES !! Buy a map of Greenville county, city, and Spartanburg County. I lived in Chesnee off hwy 11 a few years ago and loved the entire Upstate area. Did miss my Missouri dirt tho. Sorry, clay took getting used to ! lol. While it looks like I will not be moving back to the Spartanburg/ Greenville area, if I move from here again that is where I will go. Greenville roads seemed a lot harder to get around for me until I wised up and got a map. Many living areas are close to parks, and I have to admit, I was not there long enough to know which subdivisions were better built homes. I do know anywhere in either city area is an awesome place to live with very polite people all over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area