Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,072 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone: Looking to move to the Anderson area and am concerned about the crime stats I saw online. Do two senior ladies need to be worried? Also need to know of budget friendly neighborhoods that are within 15 miles of the Jim Ed Rice Senior Center in Anderson. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. We're plannning on visiting the end of September for our first look see. We have family that lives in Westminster but need to live close to the sr. center and jobs for one of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 07:58 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
Pendelton, Belton, and Williamston are some small towns that would be within 15 miles. There are plenty of safe neighborhoods in Anderson but you need to know where to look. A lot of the crime in Anderson is centered on a few specific areas. If you aren't from the area, you really should consider finding a good real estate agent to help you if you are planning to buy a home.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:24 PM

66 posts, read 87,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2faux View Post
Hi Everyone: Looking to move to the Anderson area and am concerned about the crime stats I saw online. Do two senior ladies need to be worried? Also need to know of budget friendly neighborhoods that are within 15 miles of the Jim Ed Rice Senior Center in Anderson. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated. We're plannning on visiting the end of September for our first look see. We have family that lives in Westminster but need to live close to the sr. center and jobs for one of us.
There are some older homes in Linley Park area not too far from there, with a park with that name.
I think there is an established older n'hood called Lindale, area near Lindale road. Linley Park and Lindale are supposed to be good value areas on older homes in Anderson but I don't know what your budget is.

I would look off highway 81 in Anderson, a ton of newer subdivisions in there and it is a safe area.

Pendleton / Clemson are 15 miles or so if you want a smaller town but I would think Anderson is more affordable for housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area