Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,096,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribell38 View Post
It is YOUR beliefs (not directed towards anyone here or anywhere specifically) and traditions.

This is a secular nation. They do not belong in public forums.

Keep in your homes ,property, places of worship not in public places. Sorry.
Again, freedom of religion and expression says otherwise. You're espousing fascism without even realizing. I don't know who hurt you so bad, but life is too short to be so bitter and angry. If you were raised Christian and all you saw was hypocrisy, all I can do is say, "I'm sorry", but they don't represent Christ. God loves you loribell, very much.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,206,624 times
Don't assume something you do not know. NO ONE EVER HURT ME BAD like you claim. Every single time you comment you continue to sell your wares. And mention GOD, CHRISTIAN in every post on this thread.

You are a typical and only reason you continue to respond to me is I keep pushing your buttons. Keep on and still ** ** ****.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:58 PM

Also on another note similar threads on other forums on here get closed when something like this happens.

So leads me to believe that either mod does not monitor properly. Or mod is like to push religion too as anyone I ever met that pushes Christianity NEVER ever stops. EVER. There must be a salesman classes that teach how to be persistent.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Would an atheist organization allow evangelical Christians be a part of their group? This is a Christian ministry. Words still have meanings. That being said, as long as the atheists promised not to proselytize, I would have allowed them to serve.
Yes, it is about feeding hungry people, is it not? The director should let the atheists help and get over her own ego instead of the narrow minded "Only people that think and believe exactly as I do can help the hungry" attitude. BTW, I am a Christian.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:11 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
I think this atheist group was indeed doing some mining for controversy with their offer to volunteer here, and they hit a vein of hypocritical, holier-than-thou gold with the director of this non-profit.

Her comments are why non-Christians at times do not appreciate Christian doctrine, and some Christians. This notion that you are either with us or with the devil is simple-minded and hateful.

Just because someone does not hold your beliefs does not make them evil, or a bad person, or below you. And I imagine this group of Atheists is out to demonstrate this idea.

I know a lot of Christians do not behave this way, or even believe this. However, it is indeed what the Bible teaches and many locals here take that to heart and behave accordingly. I've seen it myself.

Were the atheist's groups intentions completely altruistic? I doubt it since they wanted to wear their t-shirts, at least they did at some point during all this. Their agenda is to prove that they are good people, and they surely are.

But let's not kid ourselves into thinking that these Christian-based charities and non-profits are completely altruistic, either. Their first Mission is to bring people to their God, and in this case they do that through their stomachs.
This is also why a lot of tolerant Christians like myself are turned off by intolerant Christians. We have done so much damage to people that to be self righteous about anything is almost incomprehensible. Just the Catholic child abuse scandal alone proves that and that is just one example out of several. Let the atheists and agnostics help feed the hungry and the director should quit being an egomaniac and do what is right.

Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM

I agree chessgeek with both of your comments. It is sad that this happened. If non-religious people and devoutly religious people could get along when it comes to helping people without the he-said she-said mentality the world would be better place. sadly religious conflict everywhere (here too) will always continue. I am not religious but help people with many of the same things that Christians and other people with many other religions.

My hubby & family do donate to local church here quite often, especially after recent fire gutted the church. But where does all the money go to? When a neighbor that we know when lived in Florida went to the same church that my hubby went to asked for help the day after we gave the church a pretty nice donation and they denied to help them with emergency cash.

Now mind you hubby and neighbor went to this church together regularly so they knew hubby and neighbor well for at least 7 yrs. Needless to say from now on we do not give to churches ourselves anymore. We just make ourselves more aware of the people that need the help and personally help them. Feel better that way that we KNOW where our donation is really going. There is a lot of fraud going on in churches. And sexual crimes as well. That's says a lot for their holier than thou attitudes.

After we went through Sandy here in NY we saw so much fraud it was unbelievable.

Old 11-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,725,665 times
There's a time and place for everything. For example, the local forums are there so you can discuss local issues. Religion is not a local issue, in fact we have separate forums for all your religion discussions.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area