Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2006, 11:12 AM

32 posts, read 128,010 times

Advertisements

Forgot to ask... I hear that Simpsonville is quiet, beautiful, and has very low crime. But can someone tell me the closest cities to Simpsonville that would have higher crime rates? I see Greenville is pretty big, is there a section that is pretty bad? How about other near by towns? I'm comparing it to my area in Southern NJ. We are in a very low crime area, but one can drive just 15-20 minutes and be in the heart of Camden which is one of the worst Cities in America! We are talking, murders, rapes, robberies daily. Too close to home if you ask me, which is why I'd like to distance my family even further from an area like this. I know crime has no address, but I need to keep safety in mind for my family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2006, 11:40 PM

Well, I'd like to hope that since no one responded that means there aren't any high crime areas around this town. How about in Greenville? It looks to be such a big city and usually there's always one area in a town that you may not want to walk alone in at night, right? Anything, anyone???

Old 05-25-2006, 06:49 AM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
Lisa,

For some reason the forum does not like the posting of web addresses, but it's own. [moderator CUT] I took a look at Simpsonville sometime ago (was one of my target areas ) I can tell so far it has very low crime. Oh, and Greenville? all big cities have some portion of high crime but it goes with big cities.

Hope that helps

Mark

Last edited by Marka; 05-25-2006 at 09:16 AM..

Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 PM

Thanks Mark, I was hoping that was the answer I'd get for Simpsonville. I've even checked out some on-line newspapers and they aren't anything like the Jersey news, what a relief! As for Greenville, I kinda figured every big city has it's good and not so good areas. Hopefully, the better parts are closer to Simpsonville! If you don't mind me asking, what other towns are on your list? Just curious to get opinions on other nearby towns.

Thanks for the info!

Old 06-15-2006, 04:03 PM

14 posts, read 134,466 times
Default Simpsonville

I am from NJ and feel that Simpsonville is pretty safe. Some town around it are Fountain Inn, Laurens, and Gray Court. I hope this helps a little...

Old 12-03-2007, 09:14 PM

7 posts, read 25,923 times
How is Gray Court?

Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM

75 posts, read 353,470 times
Your worst crime rates around simpsonville is without a doubt greenville. Not to scare you but shootings,robberies,fights,carjackings,rapes, and pretty much any kind of usual crime you can think of is common in some parts of Greenville. The worst parts of Greenville unforunatley are the ones closest to Simpsonville. The south side of greenville is where most of the crime spawns from, most likely due to the high amount of gang activity and drug dealing. Lucky for you though you shouldnt have to worry because simpsonville is probbably one of the safer cities of tha area. Gray Court, Fountain Inn, and Laurens are nothing to really worry about either. People will tell you they are bad neighborhoods but no need to lock your car doors when driving through them. If you do see any dangerous looking people in these areas no need to worry because their most likely acting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area