Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2014, 04:11 PM

13 posts, read 14,604 times

Advertisements

Looking at moving to the Greenville area, my office would be in Greenville but am interested in hearing about surrounding areas. Looking for good school systems first and foremost, would like something with a bit more country, or mountain area. Love a small town, but will not give up the school system being top notch.

I look forward to hearing anyone's opinions and suggestions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
Top notch in a state ranked almost dead last in the education of our children? Greenville has many good schools but for top notch you really should consider private school.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:40 PM

I understand that the school system in not what it could be, I met top notch for the area. I moved from CT last year to Irmo, so I understand the drawbacks to SC schools. Just was looking for the nicest areas around Gville, as my work will be based there soon and not in Columbia. With 3 children, private school is not an option.

Old 02-26-2014, 05:03 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Greer, Simpsonville or Travelers Rest. If you like a small downtown with nice restaurants and is active, check out Greer. There are plenty areas of Greer that are country as well.

http://www.cityofgreer.org/
https://www.facebook.com/GreerStation

Old 02-26-2014, 05:12 PM

How is the commute from Greer into Greenville?

Old 02-26-2014, 05:14 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsonjen View Post
How is the commute from Greer into Greenville?
Where is it in Greenville? Many people do it and from what I understand it's not bad. Greer is pretty big so it depends where you live. I'm going to say a 1/2 hour give or take.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:20 PM

2,781 posts, read 3,294,025 times
This gets discussed a lot on here. There is a thread just above here with a similar question. One of the responses there has a link to several past discussions.

Some of the better schools around Greenville include Riverside High, East side, Wade Hampton, Blue Ridge and Mauldin in Greenville County. Anderson District one schools in Northeast Anderson County (Powdersville, Wren, Palmetto) are also good and close to Greenville.

Travelers Rest and Greer high schools tend to be OK but not great. Some houses in the Greer area are in Blue Ridge or Riverside attendance zones, though.

You might check out the SC state school report cards to get a general idea on school performance over time. You'll want to combine that with other info but the state school report cards are useful (side note on those, Powdersville hasn't been open long enough to be graded yet).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area