Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2014, 07:25 AM

1,403 posts, read 2,504,796 times

Advertisements

I'm visiting my parents this weekend and bringing my dog along. If I happen drop him off at a doggy daycare facility, are there any good ones in the area? Preferably as close to Taylors as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2014, 07:51 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,964 times
I don't know of any in Taylors that will let you immediately drop your dog off. Most of them require a temp test before leaving for the whole day.

Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 AM

17 posts, read 45,272 times
Not helping you on location, but this place is the only place we take our dogs:
http://www.astrokennels.net/

We used to go to PetSmart. Not only was check in a pain (10 min to re-check every lump and bump on multiple visits in the same week), but so-so service and prison like environment for the dogs.

Astro trains for the K9 police in Greenville and some cities come from all over to get their training. Charleston police cars were in the lot one day. They offer a "board and train" for not much more - nice option. Have in and out kennels and play yard.

Its worth a long drive out of our way... but only the best for our pups! =)

Do call ahead here or anywhere else - like mcatp said, most will have some minimum boarding requirements. Just bring the docs along or fax/email ahead.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:58 AM

Thanks for the tips! I just got to Greenville yesterday and it doesn't look like I'll be needing a daycare place for this trip as it's a pretty short stay but I'll check out the listed recommendation for my next visit

Old 04-13-2014, 05:59 AM

17 posts, read 45,272 times
You landed on the perfect weekend - it's beautiful out! Enjoy Greenville! =)

Old 04-13-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeC View Post
You landed on the perfect weekend - it's beautiful out! Enjoy Greenville! =)
Thanks! I actually lived here for a couple years prior to moving to Charleston and I forgot how beautiful it was (I haven't visited since August). I'm glad the weather turned out great!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:24 AM

723 posts, read 1,149,715 times
I just noticed a deal on LivingSocial for a place in Greer called Happy Tails Dog Park that offers doggy day care. Might be worth looking into. It is on the south side of Greer, not far from GSP airport. The web site describes it as "...the Upstate’s first and only indoor, climate controlled dog park."

(This should not be considered a personal recommendation, however, as I know nothing about the business other than what I read in the LivingSocial promotion and on the web site.)

Old 04-17-2014, 12:55 PM

723 posts, read 1,149,715 times
The other day I happened to drive by Top Dog Ltd. on Roper Mtn. Rd. and noticed that they also offer day care services. They even have a pool where canines and their owner companions can swim together. Top Dog LTD - Home

(Again, this should not be considered an endorsement, as I have not patronized this business and, in fact, don't even own a dog.)

Old 04-17-2014, 01:05 PM

Thanks for these! We have a swimming facility just for dogs here in Charleston and it's great. I just thank God there are places like these. My pup is very energetic and tends to go to daycare 3x a week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area