Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 06:48 AM

8 posts, read 11,084 times

Advertisements

As a young professional and looking for what you are describing... downtown is a must. Plenty of rental options to figure out where you want to be. Brand new 1bdr/1bath at Rivers Edge for $1200 is not bad at all, in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2014, 07:16 AM

635 posts, read 754,609 times
Can I just say something?

I feel so bad for the OP. I feel like this was the most pointless thread ever. I came on here just to see what advice was given because, I too, am a young professional and mostly everyone just has to be all opinionated with how much he must make and that he must live in this certain area to be happy.

Don't be so judgmental and just answer his questions.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:24 AM

422 posts, read 542,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCUGal View Post
Can I just say something?

I feel so bad for the OP. I feel like this was the most pointless thread ever. I came on here just to see what advice was given because, I too, am a young professional and mostly everyone just has to be all opinionated with how much he must make and that he must live in this certain area to be happy.

Don't be so judgmental and just answer his questions.

Hence what I said on the first page. Everyone's so worried about him as an individual instead of just answering his questions.

Old 10-31-2014, 11:36 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
Oh look, another ruined Greenville thread filled with fighting trolls. What a surprise.

Don't worry, after about 3 days, some absentee mod will wander by and delete half of the messages here, but all of the quoted troll posts will be left to stay for posterity.

Chunky Ayers, who's only job is as a full-time troll, with a degree from Clemson in Forum Trolling, will be banned for the 400th time and will immediately log back in under a new name (names usually involving sex toys, Democrats, or Imaginary jobs) and continue his paranoid rants about corrupt liberal moderators.

Goodbye OP. At least you came here with good intentions; can't blame you for trying to seek advice on a city forum...

This post will be followed by a troll accusing me of saying all kinds of imaginary things that are completely taken out of context or 100% made up. So predictable.

Last edited by L0ve; 10-31-2014 at 11:45 AM..

Old 10-31-2014, 06:03 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times
Just moved here to Spartanburg a few weeks ago, seems downtown has a revitalization plan going, and many new condo/apts being rented. Lots of cultural and artsy stuff here due to Converse College, Wofford College and the Chapman Cultural Center.

There is also an area here called Converse Heights in Spartanburg, that seems "trendy". Downtown Spartanburg is not even 1/4 of Greenville, nor does it offer all that downtown Greenville has, but there is live music downtown Spartanburg every Friday and Saturday, and lots of artsy activities planned through the Chapman Cultural Center, and the Spartanburg Art Co-op. Plus its much cheaper to rent or own here right now, we are just 30 minutes to downtown Greenville.

Old 11-03-2014, 06:40 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,729,877 times
Several pages of deleted posts later, I have to say one thing. All you regulars, you know this silly troll. You can identify him easily. Remember that engaging a troll in a discussion is playing his game, because a troll is not interested in convincing anyone of anything, he only wants to cause trouble. By talking to him, even if you "beat him" with arguments, you're still stroking his ego.
Now after this official warning, I might have to start assuming you know better and just want to have "fun", e.g. you want to troll the troll. That's not ok and if I start assuming that, I will start handing out trolling infractions along with them. So think whether it's worth it and next time, report the troll and ignore his attempts to get your attention.
Yac.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:40 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,926,253 times
oooooooooo-kkkaaaaaaaaayyy.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:34 AM

684 posts, read 1,186,692 times
Having once been a "young professional" I say screw living in downtown. Be cheap, live someplace safe & affordable, drive that 20min to social events, and when you do get to the point to settle down, can just buy that place all cash!

Old 11-04-2014, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 4,728 times
Not sure I would pay the premium to live downtown unless there is a compelling reason to do so. I would live out a little and invest the money. In 8-10 years, you will be able to use the extra cash, dividends etc...to buy a home or continue saving.

Also, not sure I would consider Greenville "trendy", it is nice but not exactly trendy.

Old 11-04-2014, 08:33 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,071,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohtalim View Post
Having once been a "young professional" I say screw living in downtown. Be cheap, live someplace safe & affordable, drive that 20min to social events, and when you do get to the point to settle down, can just buy that place all cash!
This is a good point if you are trying to save money. You think like I do You actually could still get an affordable place 10 minutes out of downtown as well. The reason I'd prefer to live in downtown is because it's nice to walk to things. Also, you will be there when the events are going on. We live about 15 minutes away and we don't get downtown as much as I'd like to. Just my 2 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area