Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 01:20 PM

58 posts, read 258,236 times

Advertisements

Hi! New here to this thread and hoping I can get some advice. We are possibly moving to the Greenville/Spartanburg area. My husband would be working in Spartanburg, off of 85 and 26 ( I believe). We love Greenville and will likely visit a lot between the zoo and the downtown area so we'd like to live somewhere between Spartanburg and Greenville. Here is what we are looking for:

150k-200k (likely 175k) subdivision with pool/playground
Within 15 minutes of YMCA type facility
Within 20 minutes (if possible) of Natural grocery shopping (Earthfare/Whole Foods/Etc) as well as Costco type shopping
Favorable taxes
Good schools/preschool

Is this possible to find??????? Really appreciate any suggestions!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 07:49 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,794,766 times
^^I would look in the Taylors area of Greenville, which is on the eastside of the county. Lots of subdivisions in your range with pool/playground, YMCA located in the immediate area, 15 minutes max to whole foods/earthfare/costco, low taxes seeing how it's in the county and not in a city, and nice/excellent schools. Riverside and Eastside High Schools are highly rated in their accomplishments and both were just recently rebuilt within the last year or two. I went to Eastside High and lived in the Taylors area for 18 years so I should know.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:58 AM

58 posts, read 258,236 times
Taylors does look like a nice area. We need to get over there and take a closer look!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area