Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 03:56 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,923 times

Advertisements

Have any of you ever compared facility fees for outpatient surgery (minor) between GHS and Spartanburg Regional?
I am shocked at what it is going to cost for an upcoming procedure using our high-deductible plan through my husband's employer. There is very little transparency in costs, and I was wondering if anyone here has ever compared the two hospital systems in that regard.
This is not meant to be a political discussion - I can save that for another forum here. Just asking about local hospitals.
Any local insight?
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 05:10 PM

5,674 posts, read 5,885,028 times
Doesnt really matter what they cost, you have a deductible to meet, so your going to pay that regardless. Im in the same boat, have to have a high deductible to afford my insurance, and haven't met my deductible this year, and have some pretty high dollar docs I need to go to.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:27 PM

607 posts, read 1,402,923 times
Thanks UpstateJohn. I hope that things work out well for you.

The deductible is $6,000, so if I can save a thousand dollars or two it might be worth my while to shop, as long as care is not being compromised.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:37 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,530,954 times
I have heard there can be big differences between facilities. I don't remember much about it but I thought there was a local news report about services popping up where the fees were a lot less for certain procedures. If Channel 4 did that report it would have been Carol Goldsmith that did it. There is one place, I think it is called Innervision or something similar; its over on frontage road off 385 around roper mtn rd.

Old 03-28-2015, 10:44 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,221 times
Well I know GHS was more expensive then St. Francis for having a baby. I would guess that means GHS is the more expensive in the area. It wouldn't hurt to call and talk to billing though. This is one of the problems that needs to be addressed with healthcare. Prices are impossible to compare because they nickel and dime you for everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area