Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,165 times

Advertisements

I am considering moving to Greenville near Paris Mountain.
I wondered what kinds of grocery stores and shops were near by.

I prefer shopping at Whole Foods, but I know it is a ways away, though I hear there are other grocers that may be similar.

Just deciding between a more peaceful natural setting and being near the downtown area, which I also love.

Thanks for any information!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 08:18 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloriaspark View Post
I am considering moving to Greenville near Paris Mountain.
I wondered what kinds of grocery stores and shops were near by.

I prefer shopping at Whole Foods, but I know it is a ways away, though I hear there are other grocers that may be similar.

Just deciding between a more peaceful natural setting and being near the downtown area, which I also love.

Thanks for any information!
Cherrydale Point is the major retail center closest to Paris Mountain. Ingle's Markets #69, 1500 Poinsett Highway, Greenville, South Carolina 29609-2929, would be the grocery tenant.

There are no organic/specialty grocers nearby Paris Mountain.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:35 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,794,068 times
Swamp Rabbit Cafe and Grocery is an organic/specialty grocer that's closer than Whole Foods to Paris Mountain.

Swamp Rabbit Cafe

Old 08-28-2015, 11:43 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,218,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Cherrydale Point is the major retail center closest to Paris Mountain.
This shopping area is also seeing a lot of very nice new development right now. They are doing it right too, with restrictions on signage, etc., to keep the area clean with a more upscale feel as it grows. (Something that should be done to clean up the old WH corridor and the retail blight there left over from the 70's and 80's.) I have a feeling this area will double in retail size in the next 10 years.

Whole Foods is still pretty close to Paris Mntn compared to commutes in many cities - it's just a hop and skip across town, nothing you would have to plan ahead for due to distance. There is also a large organic grocery store on Pelham road, 1 exit north of Whole Foods.

Old 08-28-2015, 12:06 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Publix at the University Shopping Center at Old Buncombe and Poinsett Hwy.

Old 08-28-2015, 04:29 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,472,221 times
We used to live near there and it took us about ~40 minutes to get to the woodruff rd whole foods/ trader joes, ~30 for the earthfare on pelham, ~25ish to the Greenville fresh market or ~30ish Hendersonville fresh market( we enjoyed the drive much more and would go get dinner and such so it was a date). Publix is near furman but I guess I don't understand the publix followers because I find their prices crazy high with a small selection.

The only other shopping within a few minutes is Walmart. We'd make the 15ish minute drive to the Taylor's target because that Walmart sucks. I can't tell you how many times I'd go in and everything I'd want was out of stock (things like toilet paper, Kleenex, and antacid meds.. Not obscure stuff). All other shopping is near woodruff rd.

On the plus side there are now a few really good restaurants in downtown travelers rest.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:33 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,609,789 times
I love Publix - their BOGO's are fantastic and the customer service/cleanliness surpasses any mainstream grocer in the South (with the exception of some Harris Teeter locations) - unfortunately, the worst Publix locations in the Greenville area (IMO) are Poinsett Hwy and Taylors.

Target in Greer is fantastic (best Target in the area) - additionally, every Target in the Upstate now has a very good selection of groceries.

There are two very nice/newer Ingles near PM - one on Stallings Road and one north of TR.

TR's downtown is booming - I believe there could be demand for a small, organic grocer.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:25 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,020,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
I love Publix - their BOGO's are fantastic and the customer service/cleanliness surpasses any mainstream grocer in the South (with the exception of some Harris Teeter locations) - unfortunately, the worst Publix locations in the Greenville area (IMO) are Poinsett Hwy and Taylors.
I agree. Customer Service/Cleanliness unmatched. Taylors has been remodeled though. Many of the Greenville Publix stores have been around for 20 years now but they have all been refreshed at one point or another.

Time for some new Publix stores in the area especially on the TR side of town. The new Publix store in Greenwood is on point. Beautiful. Reminds me of Whole Foods.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:56 PM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I agree. Customer Service/Cleanliness unmatched. Taylors has been remodeled though. Many of the Greenville Publix stores have been around for 20 years now but they have all been refreshed at one point or another.

Time for some new Publix stores in the area especially on the TR side of town. The new Publix store in Greenwood is on point. Beautiful. Reminds me of Whole Foods.
Publix stores 530 (Publix at Woodruff, 1750 Woodruff Road, Greenville, South Carolina 29607-5933) and 531 (Publix at Thornblade, 411 The Parkway, Greer, South Carolina 29650-4522) opened on Friday, 16 June 1995. Publix has grown to 17 stores in Anderson (2), Greenville (10), Greenwood (1), Pickens (2), and Spartanburg (2) counties.

Publix could add new stores across upstate South Carolina indeed. I do not know of its plans to infill in Greenville County and adjacent counties as the store count in the Charlotte Division increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area