Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:22 PM

4,904 posts, read 7,489,596 times

Advertisements

We are looking to relocate to the Spartanburg area -- possibly Converse Heights -- and want to rent for about a year prior. Which apartment complexes would you suggest -- close to downtown, secure builting/parking, probably 2 bed or one with den for under $2000 month? Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 10:04 PM

21,035 posts, read 27,443,181 times
I am glad you are interested in Spartanburg.

I wonder if Church Street Lofts (275 South Church Street, Spartanburg, South Carolina 29306-3417) would be suitable. The Schuyler Building underwent significant improvements to create 88 studio and one bedroom apartments. ("Schuyler Building, Spartanburg, South Carolina.")

Old 10-28-2015, 04:35 AM

Thanks, Carolina Knight! I'll look into those. Our biggest concern is safety. We'll put most of our things in storage so a small place is fine.

From my research, we like Spartanburg. We're not looking for explosive growth but a lively downtown would be great.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:38 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,630,577 times
What about downtown Greenville?

I really like Spartanburg (used to work near downtown Spartanburg) - but, DT Greenville offers much better shopping/restaurants (IMO, and if that's important to you) - with your budget, you could most likely obtain something walkable.

Old 10-28-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Thanks, Carolina Knight! I'll look into those. Our biggest concern is safety. We'll put most of our things in storage so a small place is fine.

From my research, we like Spartanburg. We're not looking for explosive growth but a lively downtown would be great.
There have been rough areas off South Church Street south of Church Street Lofts. Church Street Lofts is in a good location to be in a safe area.

Drayton Mills Lofts is another apartment complex being converted from Drayton Mill in the Drayton community. ("Drayton Mill Lofts, Spartanburg, South Carolina.")

Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
What about downtown Greenville?

I really like Spartanburg (used to work near downtown Spartanburg) - but, DT Greenville offers much better shopping/restaurants (IMO, and if that's important to you) - with your budget, you could most likely obtain something walkable.
We are still looking at Greenville but after some years in Northern Virginia, we are hesitant to get back into a booming community. Traffic, construction, rising taxes etc. Spartanburg seems a bit slower pace. Our son is in between the two cities and we investigate with every visit.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
There have been rough areas off South Church Street south of Church Street Lofts. Church Street Lofts is in a good location to be in a safe area.

Drayton Mills Lofts is another apartment complex being converted from Drayton Mill in the Drayton community. ("Drayton Mill Lofts, Spartanburg, South Carolina.")

I also looked at the others -- one mentions "w/d hookups". Is is common for renters to bring their own appliances? We're retired so w/d in the unit is very important. Thanks for your suggestions. Next time we're down for a visit, we'll be sure to put these on the list of places to check.

Old 10-28-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
I also looked at the others -- one mentions "w/d hookups". Is is common for renters to bring their own appliances? We're retired so w/d in the unit is very important. Thanks for your suggestions. Next time we're down for a visit, we'll be sure to put these on the list of places to check.
I would assume hookups mean they do not come with appliances. That should be less cost to maintain less appliances.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:48 AM

12,638 posts, read 32,190,236 times
I can't give any insight about Spartanburg but welcome to the area and good luck

Old 10-28-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
I would assume hookups mean they do not come with appliances. That should be less cost to maintain less appliances.

Interesting . . . don't think I've ever heard of a rental bringing appliances. But your supposition makes sense.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area