Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:37 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times

Advertisements

Greenvile had tournament games in the past, prior to HB2 and the 15 year ban. i think any large metro with a sizable and decent arena has a shot at getting tournament games. I think it is important to note that HB2 didn't force the NCAA to move games out of NC and to Greenville. I see so many articiles blaming HB2 for the NCAA's decision.

i think you perhaps need to take your own advice. i notice that you don't post much on Greenville forum except for more political topics. it seems like you like to portray Greenville a big Confederate flag area. otherwise, why did you say 'i'm not surprised' that there are Confederate flag supporters out there. You try to make these people out as mainstream people in Greenville and we don't even know if they are Greenville residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 05:47 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,446,202 times
You really don't understand. Yes Greenville had them before, but that didn't mean it was automatically going to get it back. You have to bid. The games that NC lost could have easily went to say Knoxville or Norfolk or Atlanta or Jacksonville.

Greenville and SC outbid other cities and won the games back. They weren't "given" back to Greenville. And considering the NC controversy is what caused them to find a new site in the first place...yes that played a role.

NCAA picks Greenville, S.C., as replacement site for Greensboro for 2017 tournament - CBSSports.com

And maybe you should get outside more. I post in the Greenville forum talking about retail, potential movers, etc. You just try to paint a negative image of me. I really don't care.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:49 PM

That is because you've tried to paint people in Greenville as confederate flag fliers and racist, based on posts that I've read by you over the past 2 years or so on here. I think that is the false picture.

I understand Greenville did a bid on it and beat out other cities. Nothing I said indicates that I did not know this. I never said anything about it automatically coming to Greenville. In fact, I am surprised that it did given the politics of the NCAA and Greenville's and South Carolina's social conservative reputation. In my opinion, they kind of undermined their own agenda by moving it here. It is good for Greenville though.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 03-19-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM

No I haven't...

Old 03-19-2017, 05:53 PM

ok, we have to agree to disagree on that. adios.

I've read your posts. You did on this very topic, 'i'm not surprised' about Confederate flag protesters downtown. that indicates you have a negative view of people in Gville to me. you don't have to apologize to anybody if that is your sincere view. I am only disagreeing with it.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 PM

Again...I said "not surprised" because of course once SC gets games back, someone shows up with flags, which is intended irony since that's why we lost the games in the first place. You are incredibly dense.

I don't care if its Greenville, Columbia, or Charleston. I'm not surprised some South Carolinians still have this attitude. I never said anything about Greenville or accused Greenvillians. I bet some, if not most or all, of the protesters don't even live in Greenville since they like to caravan around the state.

Get over yourself.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:01 PM

you've consistently tried to link Confederate flag support with Greenville and the upstate so I think that I interpreted your comments correctly.

anyway, no need to discuss this anymore. you don't even live in Gville and never have.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:03 PM

I dont think negative of Greenville or the people. I've made that clear countless times. It's like a tired running gag with you at this point. Grow up.

Last edited by Jandrew5; 03-19-2017 at 06:51 PM..

Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM

the games in Greenville will definitely have been a success if Arkansas is able to knock off UNC.

i don't think SC has enough on offense to stay with Duke this year though, even though it looks like SC despite being the 7 seed will have a major home court advantage. must have been some SC grads on the selection committee this year.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:13 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,785,933 times
This UNC-Arkansas game though. Wow. Great publicity for Greenville. I'm sure a ton of people are watching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area