Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:51 AM

160 posts, read 303,452 times

Advertisements

I hate to bring this up out of risk of getting bombarded by ads. But, I'm looking for a reputable realtor in Greenville that is willing to take time. I'm looking to move between and next year but time frame is not a big deal. I'm looking for something specific so I'm willing to wait to find the right place. I'm also looking for a realtor who won't bug me 2-3 times a day. Just somebody who will keep me in the back of their mind and gimme a call when something in particular might come available.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 05:49 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,841,942 times
Sheri Sanders or Pat Grissinger

Old 07-23-2017, 06:26 AM

453 posts, read 646,874 times
Yvonne Ray has been wonderful to work with, emailing us listings that match what we're looking for as they come onto the market.

Old 07-23-2017, 10:10 AM

79 posts, read 79,621 times
When homes come on the market doesn't the websites like realtor, Zillow and Trulia have the same listings and details like the MLS does? I always thought that's where the listings came from anyway.

Old 07-23-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
When homes come on the market doesn't the websites like realtor, Zillow and Trulia have the same listings and details like the MLS does? I always thought that's where the listings came from anyway.
Thanks all for the info so far. I was under the impression that Trulia, Zillow, etc had the latest listings. But, I also got the impression that many realtors might have some inside info on certain properties that haven't hit the market yet. Plus, a local realtor might be able to decipher different things like the types of neighborhoods (quiet, lots of trees) and things like if the house has been recently renovated, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is somebody who knows what's going on without having to browse Trulia every day.

Old 07-23-2017, 12:52 PM

79 posts, read 79,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFIVEOH View Post
Thanks all for the info so far. I was under the impression that Trulia, Zillow, etc had the latest listings. But, I also got the impression that many realtors might have some inside info on certain properties that haven't hit the market yet. Plus, a local realtor might be able to decipher different things like the types of neighborhoods (quiet, lots of trees) and things like if the house has been recently renovated, etc. I guess what I'm looking for is somebody who knows what's going on without having to browse Trulia every day.

I think your spot on, but if your not there too make an offer it can be snatched up pretty quickly. Every home that I looked at that was in good shape and had what I was looking for and priced fairly seemed to have sold in a few days.

Thus my moving there next week, I know I need to be there and see these homes when they hit the market inorder to actually purchase one. Any thing less is just looking. Using street view you can drive up and down the streets and look at neighborhoods, and that gives you a good idea about an area. It's tough when your not actually there, I understand that.

Last edited by Gittyup; 07-23-2017 at 01:06 PM..

Old 07-23-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gittyup View Post
I think your spot on, but if your not there too make an offer it can be snatched up pretty quickly. Every home that I looked at that was in good shape and had what I was looking for and priced fairly seemed to have sold in a few days.

Thus my moving there next week, I know I need to be there and see these homes when they hit the market inorder to actually purchase one. Any thing less is just looking. Using street view you can drive up and down the streets and look at neighborhoods, and that gives you a good idea about an area. It's tough when your not actually there, I understand that.
Cool, where are you moving from, and why? I spent the last day I was there checking out the neighborhoods. (was already familiar with the city in general).

Old 07-23-2017, 04:38 PM

387 posts, read 331,069 times
Joan Herlong at Augustaroad.com.

Old 07-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Honest question, how many of you are speaking for friends and how many are speaking for a realtor that flat out kicked ass for you?

Old 07-23-2017, 05:39 PM

2,443 posts, read 2,869,811 times
Truia and Zillow are not always accurate and they do not get listings the minute they hit the market. In fact Zillow has been known to show listings as active when they have already sold.
Also, a good realtor will preview homes for you if you are unable to be there, and send you a video tour. With the market moving so fast there are instances where, with the help of a trusted agent, it is advisable to put in an offer before actually seeing the home in person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area