Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:15 PM

68 posts, read 68,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
So Spirit just announced that they're coming to Asheville. Direct comp to GSP and Frontier.
Spirit announced that in June before Frontier announced GSP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2018, 10:20 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You couldn’t pay me to fly that airline. Frontier and Southwest are muchhh better. Also, Spirit is only flying to Florida destinations from Asheville.
You know, that was my attitude, but I flew from Atlanta to Baltimore on Spirit last month and...it actually wasn't that bad. My destination was DC, but Spirit only flies to BWI and American, Southwest, and Delta's prices were a no go. Paying for Spirit + the commuter train from BWI to DC was a bargain.

I just took a bookbag, so that was $0. I didn't pick seats, so that was $0 - and they gave me an aisle going and window coming back. Got my window seat for free. Yes they charge for water but the flight was too short to really care. The flight coming back had to change a tire and was delayed, but it only took ~15 minutes to fix. Other than that, my only issue was I'm tall and I didn't really have much leg room, but the seat had the same amount of comfort as the other airlines. Also the flight to BWI arrived 20 minutes early so that was a plus.

Spirit isn't as bad as I thought. I may, just may, fly them again in October, I'm debating. Now are they preferred? No. But Spirit/Frontier, they really are two sides of the same coin, one is just yellow and one is green. They'd be good for GSP, especially if they're offering exclusive routes.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:33 PM

513 posts, read 576,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigeringvegas View Post
Spirit announced that in June before Frontier announced GSP!
Correct, shouldn't affect GSP much. Spirit serves mainly tourist areas so not surprised they are at AVL.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:40 PM

513 posts, read 576,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
You know, that was my attitude, but I flew from Atlanta to Baltimore on Spirit last month and...it actually wasn't that bad. My destination was DC, but Spirit only flies to BWI and American, Southwest, and Delta's prices were a no go. Paying for Spirit + the commuter train from BWI to DC was a bargain.

I just took a bookbag, so that was $0. I didn't pick seats, so that was $0 - and they gave me an aisle going and window coming back. Got my window seat for free. Yes they charge for water but the flight was too short to really care. The flight coming back had to change a tire and was delayed, but it only took ~15 minutes to fix. Other than that, my only issue was I'm tall and I didn't really have much leg room, but the seat had the same amount of comfort as the other airlines. Also the flight to BWI arrived 20 minutes early so that was a plus.

Spirit isn't as bad as I thought. I may, just may, fly them again in October, I'm debating. Now are they preferred? No. But Spirit/Frontier, they really are two sides of the same coin, one is just yellow and one is green. They'd be good for GSP, especially if they're offering exclusive routes.
I did my CA trip on Frontier last month and had a great experience from ATL. Didn't pay for seats, snacks, or carry ons, whole party still sat together except one person on the way back. You really get a free carry on with them, it just has to fit below the seat in front of you; think duffel bag, regular backpack, etc. I've had good experiences each time I've flown them and the prices are the best out there. Also noticed I had good enough leg room, better than most planes, for someone with pretty long legs; I wear a 34 inseam. Glad they're coming to GSP! Never flown Spirit, but I'd give them a try if they ever came to GSP with non FL routes.

Old 08-06-2018, 06:18 AM

321 posts, read 406,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
You couldn’t pay me to fly that airline. Frontier and Southwest are muchhh better. Also, Spirit is only flying to Florida destinations from Asheville.
Not to mention that Asheville Airport sucks. The long term lot fills up and your alternative is short term at $12 or $20 per day.

Old 08-08-2018, 01:29 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
https://www.gspairport.com/pages/new...rticle/c0/a65/

Old 08-08-2018, 02:49 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Wonder what this means for Allegiant. Why would you fly to Orlando Sanford when you could fly to MCO.

Old 10-23-2018, 11:09 AM

Rick Erwin's to be involved with the new Escape Lounge: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...up/1727202002/

Old 12-31-2018, 09:52 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
American, Delta, and United will be offering direct flights to California next week for the football game.

https://www.foxcarolina.com/news/ame...5dd198ba7.html

Old 04-30-2021, 07:16 AM

Delta Air Lines plans to start back its popular nonstop service to New York's LaGuardia Airport (LGA) on June 5. The flight is currently scheduled to depart GSP daily at 4:19 p.m. and arrive in New York at 6:17 p.m. The flight will depart the Big Apple at 2:45 p.m. and arrive in the Upstate at 4:52 p.m. The flight will be operated with a 70-seat jet by Delta Connection carrier Endeavor Air. Tickets can be purchased at delta.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area