Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:30 PM

11 posts, read 15,195 times

Advertisements

Hello all, I have been back in Greenville SC for about a month or so. left about 12 years ago, so this return has opened my eyes to the myriad of changes that have occurred between the years. With that said, I am trying to find a One bedroom apartment, preferably with a sun-room/den area (I could use that as my office).
I must say, not looking for one that has complaints of bugs- i.e. roaches, etc. I looked at Haywood Reserve Apartments, they are nice but I didn't see enough room for the office, I am not ready to pay the 1300 for a two bedroom. However I am open for Greer area, or anything close to BMW plant.
Since I work nights, I truly would like the place to be somewhat quiet.
Looking to spend under $1,000.00 if at all possible. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,448,981 times
We rented a fairly good sized, one bedroom at Crestmont at Thornblade short-term while we were house hunting. It was pretty nice. No bugs/rodents, extremely quiet, gated. It was right around $1,100 including utilities (except cable), washer/dryer and a one-car garage. It’s right off Pelham and The Parkway behind the Michelin headquarters.

Best of luck.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:43 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,406,923 times
Beacon Ridge at the corner of Haywood and Pelham Road might work for you. They have large floorplans.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
We rented a fairly good sized, one bedroom at Crestmont at Thornblade short-term while we were house hunting. It was pretty nice. No bugs/rodents, extremely quiet, gated. It was right around $1,100 including utilities (except cable), washer/dryer and a one-car garage. It’s right off Pelham and The Parkway behind the Michelin headquarters.

Best of luck.
Thank you so much for the quick reply I will put this on my list to look at. Thanks again!

Old 06-04-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Beacon Ridge at the corner of Haywood and Pelham Road might work for you. They have large floorplans.
That sounds good. Especially Haywood road area...don't know why, but I seemed to have liked that area--close to all of the stores i imagine, so thank you I will check on that one also.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:37 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Just a reminder to take traffic into consideration, but since you said you will be working nights, you may not have too many issues. A lot has changed in the 12 years you didn't live here, so many more people.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:14 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,631,272 times
I can't tell you if quiet or not but Ashford Park Apartments in Duncan behind the Chick-Fil-A advertises $835-$1250/mo depending on no. bed rooms (1-3). They opened last year or so I believe, larger complex of 3-story appartments. That would give you access to i85 exit63 to head to BMW exit60 or just stay straight out of the parking lot and that road coming out by CFA dead ends at rt101 not too far from BMW. Ashford Park | Southcorp Properties LLC | Rental Properties.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Just a reminder to take traffic into consideration, but since you said you will be working nights, you may not have too many issues. A lot has changed in the 12 years you didn't live here, so many more people.
Oh my goodness yes! The traffic on Haywood rd and the rest of the main streets have truly increased. I also see the accidents on I85--so I am trying to learn back-ways and will most likely leave earlier than normal to be on time (so far I average a half hour to hour early to the appointments)

Old 06-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychoma View Post
I can't tell you if quiet or not but Ashford Park Apartments in Duncan behind the Chick-Fil-A advertises $835-$1250/mo depending on no. bed rooms (1-3). They opened last year or so I believe, larger complex of 3-story appartments. That would give you access to i85 exit63 to head to BMW exit60 or just stay straight out of the parking lot and that road coming out by CFA dead ends at rt101 not too far from BMW. Ashford Park | Southcorp Properties LLC | Rental Properties.
wow! Thank you--I will add that one to the list and check it out today. I could use the second bedroom as a office. I crossed out Bell Brookfield because of the reviews. I added Walden Creek to my list--I wanted to see what if the loft in the one bedroom would be big enough for a office.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:45 AM

7,260 posts, read 4,631,272 times
There's also another new large apartment complex nearing completion further down (if get off i85 towards the Chick-Fil-A, keep going and it'll be on your left just before the Publix near River Falls neighborhood/golf corse) in Duncan. Not sure of opening date or rates though, don't recall the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area