Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 09:09 PM

56 posts, read 179,853 times

Advertisements

Which towns in the Greenville area have cute downtown/Main St vibes? Coffee shops, books, restaurants, maybe yoga studio, herb shops and the like?

TIA!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2018, 03:39 AM

1,279 posts, read 854,787 times
Clemson

Old 06-20-2018, 04:02 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,454,188 times
Spartanburg!

More a small city, than town. But downtown feels fairly small. Multiple great restaurants, open-air beer garden (Fr8 Yard), cute clothing shops, two independent coffee shops (Spill the Beans and Little River Coffee Bar), book store, bakery, two wine shops, Children’s Museum and soon a bowling alley right in the downtown.

Lots of great festivals, music, arts going on in the downtown, too.

Fun little city.

Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,612,826 times
yes agree, definitely Spartanburg (amazing how much that city has changed in 10 years) - I like some parts of Spartanburg better than Greenville

also, TR

Old 06-20-2018, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
yes agree, definitely Spartanburg (amazing how much that city has changed in 10 years) - I like some parts of Spartanburg better than Greenville

also, TR
We liked Spartanburg better, too. Greenville’s getting too big, crowded, congested. Spartanburg is so easy to get around.

OP — also should added we have a yoga studio, a shop for premium olive oils and vineyards and The Hub City Co-op for fresh produce and healthy eating.

Culturally, Spartanburg has the Chapman Center, Converse and Wofford College for all kinds of events!

Old 06-20-2018, 05:36 AM

56 posts, read 179,853 times
Thanks all. I'm trying to stay in Greenville area because I work near Pelham Rd and I-85.

I'm new to Greenville, coming from Columbia area. I'm renting near Woodruff Rd currently, and the noise is horrible. Traffic - both air and road are too much. Planes overhead are bad enough, but I don't want to see their landing gear, ya know? ;-)

I've looked at Greer, but airport is so close by that airport noise is a concern.

I also heard Mauldin was making a downtown area.

Travelers Rest is too far for a commute, but it is cute.

I'd really love to be in the mountain area, but that is a bit too far as well.

What areas of Spartanburg are good?

Thanks.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:54 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,846,450 times
Easley has 2 new bar/restaurants coming downtown(craft beer bar and tequila/taco restaurant bar), has several shops including the ones you mentioned, Pizza Shop, Bar, Bookstore, several cafes, antique stores, is not far from Greenville, Has the doodle trail to pickens from downtown now, etc.. Yeah its very small but I think in the coming years it is really going to grow. May not have what you are looking for but just a thought.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:55 AM

2,261 posts, read 5,846,450 times
Also have you been to Pendleton? I love their downtown area.

Old 06-20-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megabit15 View Post
Thanks all. I'm trying to stay in Greenville area because I work near Pelham Rd and I-85.

I'm new to Greenville, coming from Columbia area. I'm renting near Woodruff Rd currently, and the noise is horrible. Traffic - both air and road are too much. Planes overhead are bad enough, but I don't want to see their landing gear, ya know? ;-)

I've looked at Greer, but airport is so close by that airport noise is a concern.

I also heard Mauldin was making a downtown area.

Travelers Rest is too far for a commute, but it is cute.

I'd really love to be in the mountain area, but that is a bit too far as well.

What areas of Spartanburg are good?

Thanks.
I didn’t realize you were working there. The commute from Spartanburg would be rough, especially as Greenville continues to grow. We looked in that area but we’re retired so we had more flexibility.

Best of luck and come on over to Spartanburg for a visit!

Old 06-20-2018, 06:31 AM

453 posts, read 647,984 times
Fountain Inn may be worth considering as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area