Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2022, 03:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times

Advertisements

First in the Upstate — they are in Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach.

https://www.goupstate.com/story/news...sc/9763076002/

Last edited by LynchburgLover; 05-13-2022 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2022, 07:35 AM

5,593 posts, read 15,380,209 times
This resembles the Restaurant Depot in Greenville County.

Old 05-17-2022, 09:52 AM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Need a Harris Teeter in Spartanburg.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Need a Harris Teeter in Spartanburg.
There once was one. Maybe they left too soon.

Old 05-17-2022, 12:48 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
There once was one. Maybe they left too soon.
There were actually two. East Main and Reidville Rd.

They closed when previous owners pulled back their footprint from Atlanta, GSP, Columbia and Myrtle Beach. Of course they have returned to the upstate (Greenville) since being acquired by Kroger.

Old 05-17-2022, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There were actually two. East Main and Reidville Rd.

They closed when previous owners pulled back their footprint from Atlanta, GSP, Columbia and Myrtle Beach. Of course they have returned to the upstate (Greenville) since being acquired by Kroger.
We’ve only been here 4 1/2 years on the East Side and it was already gone when we arrived. I didn’t know about the other one.

We have a nice array of options on the East Side — Publix, Fresh Market, 2 Ingles, Aldi and Lidl — so I’m good with those choices.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:30 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,360,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
We’ve only been here 4 1/2 years on the East Side and it was already gone when we arrived. I didn’t know about the other one.

We have a nice array of options on the East Side — Publix, Fresh Market, 2 Ingles, Aldi and Lidl — so I’m good with those choices.
I appreciate Publix but Harris Teeter makes a nice addition and they better satisfy my preferences and a more affordable price. But it would be nice if we had a Wegmans in the Upstate, but they haven't even made it to Charlotte yet, as predicted. Nearest stores are in the Triangle region of NC.

Old 05-17-2022, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I appreciate Publix but Harris Teeter makes a nice addition and they better satisfy my preferences and a more affordable price. But it would be nice if we had a Wegmans in the Upstate, but they haven't even made it to Charlotte yet, as predicted. Nearest stores are in the Triangle region of NC.
We had a Wegman’s in Virginia. I’m getting older and they were WAY to big. Forget something at one end and ya need a motorized cart to get to the other side! Lol.

I also never experienced their legendary customer service. They were just as rude and indifferent as all the others and we had every imaginable grocery within a few miles — H-T, Fresh Market, Whole Foods, Trader Joe, Giant, Safeway, Food Lion. H-T had the best customer service in that part of Virginia.

But Publix is by far my favorite. Yes, you pay a little more (just like H-T and Fresh Market) but they have a nice selection, good service are nice and clean.

It’ll be interesting to see what this new one in Spartanburg is like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area