Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2023, 06:41 AM

6 posts, read 3,095 times

Advertisements

Hi
First post here. Our daughter has accepted a teaching position in Taylors. She is looking to rent beginning in July.
Can you recommend any apartment complexes or tell me any that you would not want your young daughter to be living in? Can anyone tell us true approximate rates for rentals? She would like a 2 bedroom with her own washer/dryer.

Safety is her/our first concern.

Thanks so much!

Fair warning....I will probably be back with many more questions as we are planning a move the Greenville area within the next couple of years as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2023, 09:50 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,446,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastpitchmom7 View Post
Hi
First post here. Our daughter has accepted a teaching position in Taylors. She is looking to rent beginning in July.
Can you recommend any apartment complexes or tell me any that you would not want your young daughter to be living in? Can anyone tell us true approximate rates for rentals? She would like a 2 bedroom with her own washer/dryer.

Safety is her/our first concern.

Thanks so much!

Fair warning....I will probably be back with many more questions as we are planning a move the Greenville area within the next couple of years as well.
Congratulations to your daughter!

You really need to give an approximate budget so people can make appropriate suggestions.

When we were house hunting, we rented at Crestmont in Thornblade area of Greer which is not far from Taylors. Our son rented at Polos at Hudson Road for a couple years. She would probably feel comfortable in a gated community. No clue on their rates now.

Best of luck.

Old 04-02-2023, 06:32 AM

6 posts, read 3,095 times
Thanks!

She has begun her initial research and seeing apartments online for 1100 to 1500 for a 2/2. I think she'd be comfortable around 1200/month which is a lot less than what apartments go for in our area.

She will be teaching in Taylors and is comfortable with about 30 minute commute so she is open to any area that would keep her to that length of commute.

I appreciate your input!

Old 04-03-2023, 05:41 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,844,209 times
It's been many years since I was renting but my one takeaway was that ALL apartment complexes have terrible reviews online.

I lived at The Polos At Hudson Corners (Greer, but right next to Taylors) for a while, it was great, but absolutely awful reviews on the apartment-review websites.

Old 04-03-2023, 06:26 AM

4,601 posts, read 6,016,803 times
I take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Some people are just over dramatic and will see one bug and go into hysterics. You are going to get some bugs trying to come in especially on the ground floor and in wet weather.

I think apartments have become way over priced though. I last rented a 1 bedroom in a very nice community for less than 600 10 years ago. That same (older now) unit now rents for 1100 or more. I really don't see how young people can afford it now on there own especially ones only making around 30 or 40k in this area. No wonder business has trouble recruiting employees with lack of affordable housing.

Old 04-03-2023, 07:30 AM

330 posts, read 1,197,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
I take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Some people are just over dramatic and will see one bug and go into hysterics. You are going to get some bugs trying to come in especially on the ground floor and in wet weather.

I think apartments have become way over priced though. I last rented a 1 bedroom in a very nice community for less than 600 10 years ago. That same (older now) unit now rents for 1100 or more. I really don't see how young people can afford it now on there own especially ones only making around 30 or 40k in this area. No wonder business has trouble recruiting employees with lack of affordable housing.
Many share the apartment with friends and split the costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area