Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 08:48 PM

31 posts, read 32,124 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have been contemplating moving to the Greenville/Spartanburg area for some time (10 years to be exact) We made 3 trips there during Spring Summer and Fall. WE got our house all spiffed up and put it up for sale. Last week we accepted an offer. We are thinking of moving to the Woodruff area. We found a deal on a new house that we had toured while we there on a previous visit.

I would appreciate any feedback on the town of Woodruff and a home builder by the name of Ameritage Homes? Thank you. We close escrow on the sale of our house on December 11 and should arrive in Greenville from Wisconsin on December 13. Thoughts please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2023, 07:40 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Woodruff is "getting there". BMW is building a new battery facility as we speak, Theres several nice restaurants on Main st, common chain restaraunts - BK, Mickey Ds, Bojangles, not far from the bigger cities, I could go on. There are still some areas than can be rough at times, but its gotten better. I cant comment on the builder, but where is the home at in Woodruff? Im not far from Woodruff, and have a niece that lives just outside of town, the developement escapes me at the moment.

Old 10-31-2023, 02:40 AM

31 posts, read 32,124 times
About 3/4 of a mile south of the DMV off Laurens Rd. When you say "rough", what do you mean by that? The development is called Vickery Station, 3/4 of a mile south of the DMV off Laurens Rd.

Old 10-31-2023, 05:44 AM

5,672 posts, read 5,875,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott View Post
About 3/4 of a mile south of the DMV off Laurens Rd. When you say "rough", what do you mean by that? The development is called Vickery Station, 3/4 of a mile south of the DMV off Laurens Rd.
Rough as in some crime, drugs, etc. That area has really changed for the good, though. Youll be fine. Im not familiar with that developement, but I know where its at. Oh, and you better love high school football! The entire city revolves around it!

Old 10-31-2023, 01:15 PM

19 posts, read 29,158 times
As soneone that moved from the rotten Dallas metroplex to GSP several years ago, I bought a new home right away in Greer. While it turned out fine, if I was to do it again, I would possibly have waited to buy until I knew exactly where I wanted to live. That's just my two cents. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott View Post
My wife and I have been contemplating moving to the Greenville/Spartanburg area for some time (10 years to be exact) We made 3 trips there during Spring Summer and Fall. WE got our house all spiffed up and put it up for sale. Last week we accepted an offer. We are thinking of moving to the Woodruff area. We found a deal on a new house that we had toured while we there on a previous visit.

I would appreciate any feedback on the town of Woodruff and a home builder by the name of Ameritage Homes? Thank you. We close escrow on the sale of our house on December 11 and should arrive in Greenville from Wisconsin on December 13. Thoughts please?

Old 11-01-2023, 09:30 AM

144 posts, read 146,704 times
We bought a home in the North Greer area in more or less a rural area and a small development a year ago.
Very quiet and about 15 minutes from downtown Greer and Greenville.
Works for us.

Old 11-16-2023, 07:13 AM

100 posts, read 63,948 times
Been living is Greenville for a while now.
Growth is out of control.
If I could do it over again I would live in Landrum SC.
20 minutes to Spartanburg.
20 minutes to Hendersonville NC.

Old 11-16-2023, 10:02 AM

5,489 posts, read 8,319,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMK View Post
Been living is Greenville for a while now.
Growth is out of control.
If I could do it over again I would live in Landrum SC.
20 minutes to Spartanburg.
20 minutes to Hendersonville NC.
It is? Hmmm.

Old 11-16-2023, 04:32 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,444,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRE View Post
It is? Hmmm.
I enjoy Landrum but he must know some shortcuts that I don’t know. Takes me about 40 minutes from Spartanburg to Landrum.

Old 11-16-2023, 08:28 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,101 times
I am very happy living in Greenville. Best decision I ever made was moving here in 2019. No regrets whatsoever and I’m never leaving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area