Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area
 [Register]
Greenville - Spartanburg area Greenville - Spartanburg - Simpsonville - Greer - Easley - Taylors - Mauldin - Duncan
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 09:05 AM

18 posts, read 63,474 times

Advertisements

I know this can vary widely, but was just wondering if I could get some ideas as to the initial cost of installing a home alarm. I have an ADT coupon for free installation, but that only includes like 2 window things and 1 door thing, so I know we're going to spend quite a bit to cover the other doors and windows. Can anyone help me out with a ballpark figure?

Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 AM

82 posts, read 316,162 times
I am currently looking into alarm systems myself. I recently became a member of USAA (for military families) and they have discounts with ADT but I haven't called ADT just yet. There are ballpark figures on the ADT website. I'll post here again when I get more detailed info.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:10 AM

65 posts, read 203,910 times
I recently got quotes for security systems from ADT, Priority One, Protection One and Spartan Security. The first 3 companies recommended wireless systems, even though our house was supposed to have been pre-wired when it was built, and their costs were similar when totalled over a 3-year period. ADT was the highest, even with an AARP discount, and I didn't care for their "hard sell" approach. Spartan Security said that a wired system was more reliable (less false alarms) and gave me a better price. I think the total was about $650 for 3 doors, a motion sensor, and smoke alarm tie-in, with monitoring at $21.95/mo. But about $250 of that was for a cellular uplink because I don't have a land line. Spartan uses Security Central for their monitoring, which appears to be an experienced and reputable company. I was happy with their installer and the system seems to be running fine. It's worth giving them a call...(864) 486-0001.

Old 06-16-2008, 12:19 PM

82 posts, read 316,162 times
I booked my ADT installation just about an hour ago. I thought my rep was very helpful and didn't try to "hard sell" at all. But I also called the special ADT number that is given to USAA members, so that could have made a difference...

For a keypad, wireless security with CellGuard (so they can contact the police even if someone cuts your telephone wire or it happens to be out) plus a smoke detector/fire alarm and Smart Lights... for 10 windows and 2 doors, installation is $1,312 (ouch) and monthly monitoring is $30.99 -- But it seems to be a pretty complete package and overall, I'm happy with it. Good luck with yours!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Greenville - Spartanburg area